PDA

View Full Version : The pay deal....

Rice Pudding
28th May 2007, 14:19
Rumour has it that we are going to be offered A scale in return for 90 hours per month, age 60 and 3 man ultra long haul.

Boy WHAT A DEAL !!!

Let me do the numbers...... if we had been given regular pay increments to keep up with inflation then we would all be earning more than the current unadjusted A scale anyway. A scale guys haven't had an increase since....well a long time ago anyway. Trust management to play on our misunderstanding between real and nominal pay rates.

Hang on......if we give them all that then they won't have a crewing problem.....and then we won't have any bargaining power !!

But surely no one would vote for such a thing ??? Well.....unless they did a really good study of union demographics, and figured out exactly which votes they could easily win. Hmmmm.......almost sounds like the the rostering vote !!

wombatatico
28th May 2007, 14:43
I'll preface this by stating that I appreciate the "A" scalers who have supported the association throughout its turbulent times...

It will indeed be very interesting to see how many "A" scalers who 1) previously resigned from the AOA and 2) are rapidly approaching age 55 rush to re-join the association in order to vote in favor of age 60.

These folks are most likely not concerned with substantial COS improvements for "B" scalers, rather they're simply hoping to extend their good deal. As such, the company will certainly offer age 60 only in conjunction with terms that are less favorable to "B" scalers interested in long term COS improvements.

In other words, :mad:

Long live the long sleeves!!!!! Remember, it's their flying club. We just work here :ugh: