PDA

View Full Version : Oxford Modular ATPL's

whizzylizzy
27th May 2007, 23:02
Hi all

Hope to start ATPL's with Oxford as a distance learning package as part of the 'Waypoint Pilot Programme', my undrstanding is that if you want to continue with Oxford for CPL/IR/MCC as a Modular student, ATPL's taken at BGS etc will exclude you?

If any current or former OAT Modular students can share experances eg, how user friendly the notes were, please let me know. I'm keen to read about training by OAT beyond the ATPL's as a Modular student, good not so good and other.

Thanks for reading

Whizzy.

n90bar
28th May 2007, 18:46
I cant answer the question about doin the ATPL exams with another provider, however I can tell you that the notes from Oxford are really very good. The CBT is very good also for understanding information that you may not pick up in class or from the books. The instructors at Oxford I found were second to none, and I knew that they were always there for any question, no matter how small it was.

maxdrypower
28th May 2007, 20:15
I looked into this a while ago and Im sure it says so on the website .One of the requirements is that all ground school exams are passed with minimum 80% . I have seen or heard nothing that would suggest you are excluded if you goto BGS provided you meet the minimum criteria . It certainly wasnt put to em that way when i enquired

Wodka
30th May 2007, 11:16
Yes you do need to do your ground school with OAT to get onto Waypoint.

Other terms to entry onto scheme...

Exam pass average 80%
No COAP (college assessment paper) below 65%
Other restrictions regarding number of resits etc, i can't remember detail

chrisbl
30th May 2007, 22:56
The distance learning modular students are at the bottom of the pile. Preference is given to the APP probably because they pay more money upfront.

After all Waypoint is more pay as you go.

They have a tendency to cancel the brush up courses to suit themselves which can be inconvenient for the student.

The notes are OK but the editing of them is crap and you can spend hours puzzling on a question to find that they answer they have is wrong.

Are they any better or worse than anyone else - most people never try more than one place so it is hard to say.

The biggest criticisms I have is that they believe their own bulls*it and the way they give priority to the guys paying the big money.