PDA

View Full Version : How difficult is CPL theory?

billa
27th May 2007, 21:58
Hi Guys

I am right now going thru PPL theory and have already managed to pass 4 exams(Met,Human Performance,R/t theory+practical, AirLaw) in a months time.
I know its a hard work, but its the CPL which is giving me sleepless nights sometimes. I have read enough and saw few questions which seemed out of this world to me. Can anyone who has done his CPL theory ,please give a general giude line that how different and difficult they are from PPL theory. I know that ppl theory is just a warm up for cpl theory but can some one elaborate. chow

Whirlygig
27th May 2007, 22:20
There is nothing that is intrinsically difficult but the quantity of information which has to be absorbed. Much of it, especially Air Law, is rote learning.

Are you thinking of CPL exams or ATPL? I believe the ATPL syllabus is broader than CPL.

Air Law - even more boring with knowledge of ICAO structure etc.
Human Factors - much the same only to more depth.
Comms - Again, pretty much the same but with some technical knowledge on radio wave propogation.
Met - much more in depth and covering global aspects.
Nav - I found this to be quite a step up from PPL.

Etc etc.

There's no need to be concerned; if you are thinking of the professional exams, you have to enrol with a ground school and they will help you through it.

Cheers

Whirls

billa
28th May 2007, 00:12
Thankyou guy for your support...takes some pressure off my chest...i know that quantity of information is a bit too much...keeping my fingers crossed...I envy the guys who have already qualified these exams...

expedite08
28th May 2007, 08:56
Billa Check your PM's

n90bar
28th May 2007, 18:40
Billa,

I definetely think its worthwhile trying to step up and do those ATPL's ove the CPL's. Yes its more work, but will save you doing them in the future. Enrolling with a good provider and a get a good set of notes and you will make it. There were times when I doubted my ability, but now I have them done it has given me unfounded new confidence in my ability.