PDA

View Full Version : GULF AIR Ab-Initio Pilots recruitment

all119
27th May 2007, 21:53
hi is there any one know when is the next GULF AIR Ab-Initio Pilots recruitment.
i heard ever thing is frozen at the moment they will start recruithing in few months. but no time given.:rolleyes::ugh::{

SAD IN QAC
28th May 2007, 19:13
still nothin about it ... talked to some guys in the training ... but still nothin ... hope it will be opening nxt year :D

all119
17th Feb 2008, 23:48
any good news this year
when is the next Ab-initio assesment ?

how long to wait? i have waited for a long time now how much more longer

:ugh:

spearomic
23rd Feb 2008, 21:30
Waitin as well !!!! Man this is long !!! Anyting new there ?

Zone 2 Alt
24th Feb 2008, 16:23
I was under the impression that Gulf Air are going to rely on mainly students undergoing training at a number of flight schools, under the BDB loan programme. There are over 60 students enrolled on the scheme although no school has full approval from Gulf Air yet. This would save Gulf Air paying for expensive training schemes!

Sal-e
24th Feb 2008, 17:24
Apparently, non until end of the year at the soonest but most likely next year.

Che Guevara
24th Feb 2008, 17:44
I was under the impression that Gulf Air are going to rely on mainly students undergoing training at a number of flight schools, under the BDB loan programme

What happens to the ones who fail their training as some will, will they have still have to repay their loans?

Wish you all the best of luck with your plans, just be careful and yes, you need to be patient as well.

Zone 2 Alt
25th Feb 2008, 17:29
My understanding is that the loan has to be repaid no matter what, also BDB students should be aware that even with a licence there is no gurantee of a job with Gulf Air. Gulf Air will see how many pilots it needs and probably recruit the best of the BDB students, how many that will be who knows!
So Che I agree, anyone contemplating a loan to fund flight training is taking a risk, it's the same the world over!