PDA

View Full Version : What did you do to fly Bizjets

low n' slow
8th May 2001, 14:33
Hey all!
I've got a question. I'm schooling for a CPL. After this I intend to get a ME, IR and MCC. Will I need the ATPL theory?
I would like to get into flying bizjets after I'm done, but I'm not shure of where to start. How did you do it? What did your path from shooling to flying bizjets look like? And are there any companies that will take on someone like me, completely new to the buissness and with not a lot of hrs?
Which is the best way to do it?
I've still got some way to go, I like to be well prepared!
reagards/lns

Flintstone
13th May 2001, 20:11
How did I get in? I just applied. I suspect they were a few candidates short for the interview day but I managed to bluff my way through.

In fact it was a bit of a last resort as I had the usual 'airline and a big jet please' blinkers on but now I'm in I'm having a ball and have withdrawn most of my airline applications.

Working nowhere near maximum hours without the hassle of being on almost permanent standby as is the case (I believe) with some corporate work. As to how you can get in to other companies......hmmm. Not really sure. I gather from other posts here that it can be a bit of a closed shop but I'll let someone with wider experience than me comment on that.

Good luck :)