PDA

View Full Version : Cx Maintenance Control Engineer

coax
27th May 2007, 06:51
Hi,is there any cx maintenance control engineers out there who can give me a rough guide to the package that cx currently offers maintenance control engineers based in hong kong.Thanks for any assistance

spannersatcx
27th May 2007, 17:54
Starts at 32k per month, plus all the normal expat stuff, housing etc etc

FlexibleResponse
28th May 2007, 11:30
IMHO starting pay for a Maintenance Control Engineer in Hong Kong is worth not a penny less than HK$70,000 plus 13th month. What the pricks will offer is another question...

Any less than that, you would be better off working as an engineer in the mining industry in WA or QLD (and don't even think that you are not qualified).

coax
29th May 2007, 06:20
Thanks for the replys are cathay open to negotiaion on what they offer who is paying 70000 in hong kong?

BuzzBox
29th May 2007, 08:42
Cathay 'negotiate'?? Now there's a laugh - I wouldn't count on it.

FlexibleResponse
30th May 2007, 12:52
Coax,

We desperately need you in the mining industry in Australia. The quality of life is a hell of a lot better than Hong Kong, your family will be happier, the management will appreciate you and my company shares will be worth a lot more due to your experience and diligent contribution.

When you have earned enough money and are financially independent, if you so desire, you can go back to that special vocation called aviation engineering and enjoy the hobby on your own terms.

(PS. I am not kidding about opportunities for mining industry workers!).

Noddys car
31st May 2007, 11:05
Possibly expect a one year contract only