PDA

View Full Version : Air Partner Business Jets

diesel862
26th May 2007, 11:56
Heard a strong runmour that Air Partner have put most of the staff at Goldair on new 6 month probationary contracts, also 1st ops assistant being made redundant.

It seems Air Partner maybe cutting out the dead wood.

the bald eagle
29th May 2007, 01:53
Its the Gold Air management that needs sorting they're just a bunch of amateurs unlike their professional ops and sales staff :(

Gulfstreamaviator
31st May 2007, 12:10
........are a knowledgeable bunch of guys, started in business as operators.

I would suggest that they replace from the top, not bottom.

glf

diesel862
31st May 2007, 21:58
Hi

Couldn't agree with the two previous posts more, replace from the managing director down.

Air Partner are right on the ball when it comes to shrewd business.

Best of luck to the ops guys and sales girls.

charterguy
2nd Jun 2007, 01:44
I still can’t figure out why a broker would wish to get involved with the operation of aircraft. Could it be that their regular clients are leaving in droves to sign up with the fractionals and/or jet card providers ?

Netjets Europe has a ‘black’ website. Air Partner suddenly unveils a ‘black’ JetCard website. Others are offering carbon offsets – now we have a ‘first’ with Air Partner’s Carbon Neutral JetCard. Give me a break. You cannot consider yourself a market leader, if you keep replicating the work of others !

Air Partner’s tiny fleet of around 10 aircraft is certainly not going to have the fractionals shaking in their boots !!

It begs the question whether Air Partner have considered the needs of those many clients who either don’t want or don’t need a JetCard. They are looking for impartial advice. How can you possibly be considered ‘impartial’ if you operate your own aircraft ? :ugh:

Discuss.

CG

FLEXJET
2nd Jun 2007, 09:50
I believe Gold Air is the first step. Air Partner is the largest brokerage firm worlwide and they certainly have a lot of cash still available to buy other operators and establish such a network to better compete with NetJets.

the bald eagle
2nd Jun 2007, 15:25
I would have thought Chapman Freeborn were the biggest.

the bald eagle
2nd Jun 2007, 15:29
Netjets Europe has a ‘black’ website. Air Partner suddenly unveils a ‘black’ JetCard website. Others are offering carbon offsets – now we have a ‘first’ with Air Partner’s Carbon Neutral JetCard.

HI CG

Please excuse my igorance here but what do you mean by "black "websites?

FLEXJET
3rd Jun 2007, 18:51
Year Ending / Revenue (£m)
31-Jul-02 / 100.70
31-Jul-03 / 114.67
31-Jul-04 / 100.60
31-Jul-05 / 122.52
31-Jul-06 / 140.37

I don't have the CF figures but would be happy to compare them...

charterguy
3rd Jun 2007, 19:27
Bald Eagle

Please excuse my igorance here but what do you mean by "black "websites?

Design uses predominantly black and white graphics, black background, etc etc. It is supposed to look classy, but is now largely considered old hat. That's what websites used to look like in the late 90's. In fact is was so common, it became known as 'blackground'. Its cheaper and quicker to produce a 'black' website. You can use any image, turn it into black and white. If you use colour, it's harder to find images that go together well.

Flexjet

I don't have the CF figures but would be happy to compare them...

CF's revenues exceed £200m. Anyway, revenues are 'vanity', profits are 'sanity'. Example: If Air Partner charters a jet for $50,000 and then invoices it to Air Partner Germany. AP Germany then sells it on for $55,000. Wow ! You now you have a combined group turnover of $105,000. The real measure of a company (or group) is it's net profit before taxes, and the number of employees needed to achieve this profit.

AP keep telling everyone that they are the world's largest broker. Perhaps they are, in terms of office space occupied, number of coffees consumed, or numbers of brokers trained, who then leave to set up their own brokerages.
The South East has more 'one man band' broker firms than the rest of world put together. Wonder where they all came from ?

CG

FLEXJET
3rd Jun 2007, 20:44
Thanks Charterguy.
I was not able to get CF figures.
CF is not a big client for my airline, compared to AP, so I really believed AP's web site so far...

G-TTTT
3rd Jun 2007, 20:48
Charterguy, nice post, well researched...save for the facts. A few searches on google would find you the following:

1. AP's JetCard website was created many months before NetJets new site. Both companies are quality, and produce quality marketing. You shouldn't be surprised if it appears similar, and nothing like the ordinary colour material often seen in this industry.
No copying on either side.
2. AP's green card was first out
3. "Sales are vanity, profits are sanity" - how true: look at AP's profits! and compare them to CF's...notice any difference now?
4. "Profit per employee" is, as you say, MUCH more telling: last time I looked AP's ratio was about 20 times that of CF's ratio
5. You can't think of any reason why AP would want to be an operator? How limited your thought processes are! End supplier status, new revenues, new opportunities, new clients, quality control, protected capacity of quality jets on busy days, new management contracts, new hangars, further protection for their growth (75% in private jets at the last public statement), slot protection....the list goes on.
I guess you wondered why Philip Green wanted M&S too...
6. AP's clients leaving? Actually their last public statement said their client growth was 25% year/year, and total sales up 60%
7. Spawning clones? Most coffee consumed?? I think you're muddling AP with Hunt & Palmer. Try naming one AP clone! Got the wrong company.
8. Oh, and you need a lesson in consolidated accounting - clearly you weren't listening in that lecture.
9. Perhaps try comparing their net company values: Try naming other brokers worth £140m ($0.25Bn)? Or air charter companies for that matter? And their annual report states they have £15m net cash at bank.

the bald eagle
5th Jun 2007, 01:52
Thanks for the info on black and white web sites,they say you learn a new thing every day!
As for AP buying goldair...in principle they only own the name the actual aircraft are still owned by the Gold Brothers oh & Jacqui! but it does make sense to try and use your own material rather than punt about renting other peoples aircraft
What will be intresting to see is how much APs operations arm will expand by as they now have 2 managers running the show - Tim Lester ex Baseops Europe & Mike Hawkey ex Navtech UK both have an awful lot of experience and will certainly take the ops department up the ladder by a rung or 2 but then again CF have their own operations arm - Paragon-Global who seem to be expanding as well...watch this space :)

dc9-32
5th Jun 2007, 07:29
Oh bald one from what I hear,Paragon will never be able to match Air Partner and will never operate aircraft. Don't be misguided !!

merlinxx
5th Jun 2007, 19:17
The Bald Eagle & Douglas9-32

Plse don't get into co-2-co fighting here chaps. Also THBE plse don't mention actual names, doesn't give you to much cred, we all know who's doing what'n' where. Also self promo ain't appreciated, otherwise you're gonna get a MOD on your back. Take care & have fun grafting folks, it is a good fun (though underpaid) masochistic life out/in here. Arthur's little helper.

PS TBE did you get your class B sorted ?????