PDA

View Full Version : Exec Jet Jobs

sandra2
24th Aug 2001, 23:20
I left the corporate world for the airlines about five years ago, and am now quite keen to return to it! A little bored with the routine etc. grass is always greener!!!
But anyway, can anyone point me in the direction of a few outfits that may be looking for pilots?
Unfortunatly, US based ones are a no go as Im British, not that I would not jump at the chance given one.
cheers

Manflex55
25th Aug 2001, 14:39
Well Netjets hire permanently, & they prefer "mature" people (those over 40, & even over 50, who are less likely to leave for the airlines). Check here (http://www.netjets.com/careers/pilots.htm) whether U qualify. I know a number of guys who "dropped" aviation for 5, 10 or 15 years to work in something completely different, & then came back to it & were hired by such quarter-sharing companies.
Other than that, it's not easy to join the bizjets companies here in the UK, unless U have the relevant TR, or U know someone. One of the guys I did my MCC with has just been hired to fly the C500 with 800TT & 300 ME because he met the ops dir on the apron one day ! They're gonna pay for his TR. Good deal.

MF

sandra2
25th Aug 2001, 16:44
thanks for that Manflex.
thats pretty much what I thought the situation was. Net Jets , I am fairly familiar with . they had an advert out last year I think, but Im not so keen to move back into the left hand seat, and since they are a big outfit with seniority I gather, not really what Im looking for. Shame though as being able to live outside the UK , somewhere like Portugal/Spain would be most welcome.

Flintstone
25th Aug 2001, 23:08
Tanglin,

You might want to reconsider Netjets. While it's true that there is a form of seniority they will almost certainly be looking for a number of direct entry captains. You may have to do six months in the r/h seat as a probationer but if it's what you want to get back into.............

sandra2
27th Aug 2001, 13:47
I think I might well give them a call in that case, if nothing else just to ask the Question.
I hope it does not sound arogant, not wanting to go back into the right hand seat and I dont want to step on other guys toes who are just coming up for their commands. But been there done my time and would rather stay strapped in where I am.
Next question, Since NetJets keeps coming up, I presume some of you out there know Quite a lot about them.
Can you answer a few :

What aircraft, Where can you be based in Europe, Whats the pay like and roughly the area they tend to operate ie. from europe to they go over the pond and to the Far East?

Many thanks

Flintstone
27th Aug 2001, 14:14
Tried to e-mail you Tanglin but your address is being blocked.

Drop me a line if you would like some background on the company.

[ 27 August 2001: Message edited by: Flintstone ]

LAVDUMPER
27th Aug 2001, 18:49
Tanglin,

What is your specific experience in the airlines (aircraft type, hours, long-hual/short-haul)? Would be good to know in case opening arise...

Cheers

sandra2
28th Aug 2001, 00:40
Lav,

As for my eperience!

Well Ive only flown short to medium haul, on B737, CRJ, HS125-1000.
All around Europe, Mid East.
Hours wise 4000.

So not the greatest amount, but it seems to be working so far!!

I also see you are registered in the States!
Last time I looked I was not allowed to work there unless your based out side.

Cheers

[ 27 August 2001: Message edited by: Tanglin ]