PDA

View Full Version : Class 1 medicals from Canada to UK

bluesfan
26th May 2007, 07:47
Hello Everyone:

As I’m thinking of pursuing a JAA flight training programme in Canada, I will need to get my class 1 medical soon in Canada. I am wondering if there is a way of converting a non-UK JAR Class 1 medical certificate that is issued by Canadian authorities, instead of having to do a new class 1 medical in the UK (I understand that those have to be done in Gatwick for first-timers and can be absurdly expensive).

Thanks!

AlexEvans
26th May 2007, 09:22
There is a link to a flowchart on this page. The flowchart describes exactly what you have to do. Good luck.

http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=49&pagetype=90&pageid=2576

bluesfan
27th May 2007, 07:47
Thanks Alex for the reply! Actually I did come across this site when I was doing a google search, but other than the list of European JAA countires it wasn't clear if Canada could considered one of the countires whose medical certification could be considered for "conversion"

ahh those confusing requirements! :-)

papang
31st May 2007, 11:07
Hello,
I have a class 1 medical certificate issued by transport Canada, and I plan to convert into UK-JAR certificate. I don't know wixh criterias will be used for my initial class 1 medical check in Gatwick, initial criteria or renewal criteria taking into consideration my class 1 ICAO. Does someone have any information about that ?
Many thanks