hi,
i hv afew question about certificate...
which is the better JAA or FAA??
mind to share??..

thanks,
roxar

Virtual Reality
26th May 2007, 11:13
In Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei and Hong Kong, having JAA or CAA (UK) license is better than FAA. Easier to get converted to local license with less local paper to sit.

macumba
26th May 2007, 19:29
Strange, that 2 fellow pilots, one with JAA, the other FAA had to do the same Ground-Training and sit the same tests in Malaysia, just 2 years ago?

Ohh, and to get a conversion, it was also the same, Human Performance and Air Law.

In Taiwan, I only need to do Air Law and type rating, and will be handed a full Taiwanese ATPL, that is with FAA background.

I believe that the middle east preferes FAA.

kwaiyai
29th May 2007, 06:12
FAA seems to be good In Thailand, Hey Macumba hows TPE do you follow people to H:E there aarrgh:bored:

Dream Land
29th May 2007, 08:43
I work in Asia with an FAA certificate, I think they are equally accepted throughout the world, one advantage for the FAA certificate is that it doesn't expire.

macumba
30th May 2007, 06:45
Ohh, my god, Kwaiyai, we only have to follow the Singaporean to hell, haha, laughing so hard ... :E:):}:ok:

kwaiyai
30th May 2007, 16:58
FooYa! my man seems alot been said about that place but my last post seem to Sancho Panza it I see. :D

Cruiseclimb
30th May 2007, 17:28
People with the JAA and JAR seem to think the FAA is a "lower" rating... but it is much less hassle and BS. Most places seem to accept both. I have seen a bit of a preference toward the JAA though. Mostly because there is a JAA mafia in charge. They seem to think that expensive months of brain numbing classwork, over many subjects you may never encounter make you a better pilot.... Most places recognize that it's experience that counts.. If they are equally attainable.. Get the JAA. If the FAA is much easier/cheaper. Get that. Either way.. Just get flying

roxar
31st May 2007, 02:06
hi..
sorry if im asking a silly question..
the situation is...
if i taking my cpl,ir,me,atpl...in australia CASA..
can i convert to JAA,FAA, etc..
:ugh:
thanks

izzaz
10th Jun 2007, 14:20
how do i get it done?

kwaiyai
10th Jun 2007, 14:53
izzaz whats your experience. can pm if you like,
regards,

air_cowboy
10th Jun 2007, 18:22