PDA

View Full Version : Re-posted : quest for on best biz jet ?

Zones
19th Jan 2001, 20:01
Following re-posted here at suggestion of Lavdumper, would appreciate any info:

Which Corporate Bizjet(s) do you consider best ? In all terms, from fly-ability, through to comfort, through to cost efficiency.
What about the Challenger ? How does it stack up ? Looks quite good from the info we have so far.

Got a mate who's not in aviation, but works for big-ish company and considering investing in Bizjets. Looking at capacity of approx 6-10 pax

Don't know too much about bizjets, but thought this forum might be one form of info gathering....

Thanks in advance
Z.

PS - need legs to cross the pond.
PSS - when I say investment, I mean for operational use, not as money maker...

Zones
19th Jan 2001, 20:13
Whoops - please ignore.

Didn't realise the system was that advanced, and that it would get auto-reposted !!

Z.

StressFree
4th Feb 2001, 23:04
The best has got to be the Boeing BBJ.
It speaks for itself.

http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif

------------------
'Keep the Stress Down'

Cobra
5th Feb 2001, 05:35
The BBJ stands out for comfort(Techs & Pax), over longhaul especially. However, the G5 and G4SP are excellent when you want to cover the miles a little quicker, and still very comfortable. Forget A319, jury still out on Challenger.

mountain man
5th Feb 2001, 17:49
Anything by Dassault, 900 especially although I've only flown the 200 everyone I know who's flown the 900 says it's just bigger.

MM.

fokkerjet
6th Feb 2001, 03:35
When you average in the maintenance delays, I'm sure the BBJ is faster then the GV :rolleyes: on any trip that they are paired with http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif

chinny
7th Feb 2001, 19:33
Hey Zones,
If you havn't already, check out www.flexjeteurope.com (http://www.flexjeteurope.com) there might be something of interest there!

rick1128
12th Feb 2001, 06:46
First question is what is your mate's budget? Both initial and operating. That is the restricting factor. If money is no problem, than there are a lot of fine aircraft that will fill the bill.

As for Falcons, my experience has been with 10's and 20's. I had a lot of hydraulic problems. Mostly leaks. To be honest, this colors my thinking away from Falcons. Structually they are fine aircraft. But systems wise, I am not too crazy about them. What is your mate company's normal mission profile?

Good luck.

Richard

con-pilot
14th Feb 2001, 02:50
If you are going to operate from high/hot airports the best airplane out there is the Falcon 900EX. Or maybe the G-V, for 10,000,000.00 USD more. Case in point, SKBO (Bogota Col.) to KHOU (Houston Tx.), 2,100 nautical miles. A G-IVSP cannot make that trip non-stop because of the SID climb requirements at nigth or if SKBO is IFR. The 900EX can. These facts came from the Gulfstream demo pilots.

The Falcon 900EX can go from KASE (Aspen Co.) to London (with 8 paxs) non-stop when the OAT at ASE is O degrees c or lower, the G-IVSP cannot do that no matter what the temp. is. Don't get me wrong, the G-IVSP is one hell of an airplane and in some respects better in some areas than the 900EX. But the boss lives in Aspen so I went with the best performer in regards to high/hot airports.

I really don't know how the BBJ could do out of Aspen. The BBJ, while not banned from operating at Aspen, has to have special permission to land there. Maybe some you BBJ pilots could look up what kind of range the BBJ has out of ASE.

[This message has been edited by con-pilot (edited 13 February 2001).]