PDA

View Full Version : new guidelines for carry on liquids

coffindodger
24th May 2007, 16:14
just been watching the dubai one news
and they have said as from next month new guidelines will come into force with reference to the carry on liquids and the now famous plastic bags etc etc, all pax will be checked by security.
more interesting times ahead me thinks.

Thylakoid
24th May 2007, 18:15
All due to the British paranoia. The experts already stated that you cannot make bombs out of liquid, cream, gel, or lipsticks and the like; unless, you carry a whole laboratory into the aircraft.
So, it is all nonsense and a waste of time.
Poor travelling public.

ManaAdaSystem
24th May 2007, 18:37
A terrorist almost blew a Phillipine 747 out of the sky with a liquid bomb concealed as a bottle of contact lense cleaning liquid. Killed one person and took out some of the flight controls.

It's possible.

AirNoServicesAustralia
25th May 2007, 03:13
I am more worried about the fact that a person that appears to be literate and free thinking actually watches the Dubai One 'News'. I tried to watch the first couple of times and realised it was just one big propoganda machine for the UAE government. There are never any reports of murders or rapes, but instead, 'announcing the building of the worlds biggest.... YAY for us!!!', 'living in Dubai is great...YAY for us!!!'.

Almost as lobotomising as watching Fox News.

coffindodger
25th May 2007, 05:09
AirNoServicesAustralia I am more worried about the fact that a person that appears to be literate and free thinking actually watches the Dubai One 'News'. I tried to watch the first couple of times and realised it was just one big propoganda machine for the UAE government. There are never any reports of murders or rapes, but instead, 'announcing the building of the worlds biggest.... YAY for us!!!', 'living in Dubai is great...YAY for us!!!'.

Almost as lobotomising as watching Fox News.

first of all i must say i am in ther costa del saudi so any news is better than no news as every one knows in saudi the news is worse than the uae still i suppose fox news is nearly as bad as cnn.
so in answer to your question having lived in the uae for over 7 years and this used to be channel 33 in my days there. with the new look chanel 33 renamed revamped whatever you want to call it
as a old mates greavie / lucky who where on the radio before they got sacked used to say its all a load of rubbish
we all know its a load of rubbish hey when they spend the first xx minutes talking about the certain people have done this and that but it has been said on many other threads re the uae its all controlled to make the tourist think its a nice place to be while on holls. as you say nothing or little about the real side of the emirates.
the beggars over in some streets in deria begging for any lose change. there is a lot the normal tourist do not see. because they do not visit certain parts of dxb or even auh
in fact i was only over in auh last week and paid a visit to dxb for a couple of days and watch a mess one bigggggggggggg car park.

coffindodger
25th May 2007, 05:21
the link from todays gulf news
http://www.gulf-news.com/nation/Travel_and_Tourism/10127539.html

AirNoServicesAustralia
25th May 2007, 07:53
I am glad you linked to the Gulf News, as I do find that if you read between the lines, you get a fairly true story even though they too have to be careful not to be seen to be too critical of the UAE and it's government. A great example was from two days ago where they had quotes from the police here saying that domestic violence isn't a problem here, because they are so tough on offenders, and right beside that is the story where a man who brutally beat his wife to death serves just one and a half years jail.
See attached link. http://archive.gulfnews.com/articles/07/05/23/10127112.html