PDA

View Full Version : Jobs at Hawarden?

Wee Weasley Welshman
17th Apr 2001, 22:10
I have a friend with RHS Boeing time who works abroad. He wants to move to Wrexham area for some obscure wife related reason.

Is there much going on a Hawarden these days and if so who should he contact?

Any pointers you can give me to pass on would be jolly decent of you.

Cheers,

Cloud-dancer
18th Apr 2001, 02:53
Not many open doors at Hawarden at the moment (to the best of my knowledge anyway!).

The only activity at the moment is:-

Beluga - transporting the airbus wing sets to Germany & France.

Cheshire Constabulary - with regular sorties across the county in a B-N islander.

The Duke of Westminster and Iceland Frozen Foods - both flying Citations.

The usual assortment of biz-jets and smaller GA either visiting Chester Races or the Hawker Jet Facility.

Regular visits of an Avro RJ (presumably European Aviation) taking BAe workers to and from Bristol.

And a rather small flying school/aviation centre in endless circuits using Tomahawks and othe misc. crates.

Wrexham is within easy commuting of both Manchester and Liverpool; suggest more options abound there. However if you want a few local contacts unearthing then give me a shout!

Good Luck!

Wee Weasley Welshman
18th Apr 2001, 17:03
He wants min distance due to ill health family member.

Thanks for the general overview. How would he go about getting RHS in the Beluga? I can't believe anyone I know would fly such an ugly aircraft but there you go!

Cloud-dancer
19th Apr 2001, 00:04
Looks can be deceiving!!

It may look like a fish out of water but when you see the thing knocking round the circuit here, you just can't help yourself admiring it. How the thing ever takes to the air with max load is beyond me!!

Getting a RHS might be a bit tricky. Aircrew and operations reign from Toulouse which might create the odd commuting problem!

However, I believe from talking to a couple of BAe techs that the odd jolly in the Jump seat is not unheard of! It might not be what he is looking for but it would certainly make a great day out to Germany or France!