PDA

View Full Version : Indigo Pilots

skytrek21
24th May 2007, 01:38
Hi there....any current Indigo pilots out there who can shed some light on schedules, pay, hrs....any info would be helpful. Or anyone who has already gone through the security clearance can tell how the procedure is as soon as you land in India. Thanks in advance.

skytrek

AB8TOR
13th Apr 2008, 15:50
:ugh: This little picture explains it all. These Indians have an uncanny ability to make the simple tasks sooo difficult. The DO is very skilled at micro-managing. A trigger happy lunatic who frequently challenges his pilots command authority. There has been 3 chief pilots in 18 months...18 aircraft on property. schedules are very uncertain. No bidding. Pilots are assigned a monthly schedule. Take it or leave it. Many deadhead flights without pay. Pay by schedule time not block. The airline makes it's payroll so if you need cash, this may work... Otherwise skip it and consider yourself lucky.

IFLY_INDIGO
17th Apr 2008, 10:16
pros and cons of Indigo :

cons :
1) lowest salary on A320 in India
2) most of the flights are layover ones, without any layover allowance
3) forced to go on temporary duties to other cities for 30 days
4) too many sectors a day
5) lack of authority as a captain. can't decide fuel freely, no control over cabin crew, no control over commercial. they start boarding when they like.. I feel nothing more than a driver
6) inflexible crew scheduling
7) contract conditions are quoted fand reminded requently
8) wish the Indian public goodbye after every flight, or head of cabin crew will report it back to HQ
9) learn to speak properly..
10) overall, Indigo pilots are overused, underpaid, weary, teary morons...

pros:
lemme think of one :* I shall get back to you..:sad:

vinayak
17th Apr 2008, 13:29
thats a first... the other captains i spoke to said it is quite good... thanks for the info IFLY....

casper63
17th Apr 2008, 14:42
Hey change to I_DON'T_FLY_INDIGO:O

vinayak
17th Apr 2008, 15:32
well i am getting type rated to fly their airplanes and few of the points seem to not bother me much like layovers and going to other cities. the fuel decision, however, should be taken with keeping the captain's consent as well... i guess i have another 2 months till i find out how everything unfolds

cordy
17th Apr 2008, 16:38
May someone tell me if a copilot by the name of Sang Woo Meng is flying for Indigo. I did my type rating with him last year. If yes may you pass on my email to him please, [email protected]
Thanks for the help.

Elmer_mt
19th Apr 2008, 05:59
Well I believe not too many chaps are saying a alot about INDIGO... as for me the moment I came in... I've started looking for a new one...:=

MDDog
21st May 2008, 13:47
Please tell me you're joking about the captain has no authority over the cabin crew?? Is their DGCA buying off on that? That can't be legal?

Also, If they give you a schedule one month in advance, isn't that 100% better than some of the places like King Fisher that tells you the night before?

Canuck15
22nd May 2008, 16:56
this is for all you ****heads that cuss indian aviation ....if your getting jobs elsewhere please feel free to leave ....not afraid to speak my mind ....just think for a moment .....WHICH OTHER COUNTRY WOULD HIRE AN INDIAN RETIRED PILOT ON EX-PAT TERMS LIKE OFFERED IN INDIA . SO STOP BITCHING OR GO FLY A LIGHT TWIN FOR PEANUTS ELSE WHERE

RESPECT

MDDog
22nd May 2008, 18:30
Jordan
UAE
khazaksan
Japan
Korea
China

But to name a few. Chill out dude; if India had the experience, we would not be in demand. Its call supply and Demand.

av8r76
22nd May 2008, 20:04
And the supply exists because
1. Airlines in the US are falling out of the sky like flies,
2. >60 (before last year) would not like to reserve as a junior F/O at the bottom of the seniority of any airline.
.....amongst numerous other reasons.

The pilots need jobs and the airlines need pilots. The typical reply from all expats >60 is that they just wanna keep busy and love flying. I call shenanigans on that one 'cos they deal with a lot of sh*t in India and stick through it 'cos they NEED the job. I get this impression of superiority on both sides and it's self inflicting. It is a symbiotic relationship and one attacking the other only harms both sides.

MDDog
22nd May 2008, 20:59
The guy who I'm working with to get my contract puts it well when he says... "They need us because they make everything so hard over there, that they get in their own way!"

I have to admit, it is very odd to observe India.. I've been in and out of there with my last job flying the MD11 in freight (mind you goods made in India for consumption abroad to boot!) ..and it used to amaze me the amount of bureaucracy and red tape that one had to go thru to operate as aircrew in and out of India (mostly Mumbai and Channai). I mean it struck me as though they were trying their best to impede us form our job with the number of stamps and signed copies in triplicate of documents and forms! I had thought that carbon paper was extinct until I started to operate in and out of India. It's almost like a jobs program to keep people employed maybe?

The oddest part is that the average Indian is quite smart, more or less literate and quite able to be well educated. There is no logical reason why a country with 1.1 Billion people can't man their airplanes with experienced pilots except to say that maybe their system to make pilots is as inefficient and bureaucratic as their airport duty in gauntlet for visiting aircrew.

British Bureaucracy run amok, I've heard it called.. but frankly it's paralyzing their potential!

As for the topic of the US airlines.. well, here is that in a nut shell.. DEREGULATION IS STUPID! in the US, Airlines are the ONLY deregulated public utility, and this is the result.

avy-enthu
23rd May 2008, 17:49
You are right brother indians are quite okay in everything and as far as manning their own planes are concerned because getting Indian ATPL is far more difficult than an FAA's:ugh:

MDDog
23rd May 2008, 17:53
Don't know the ins and outs of the India ATPL, but I can tell you that getting my ATPL was a formality at best.. I earned my real wings with the US Navy and in F14 school... ;)