PDA

View Full Version : Fractional Ownership Aircraft Pilots, take note!

con-pilot
27th Jul 2001, 22:38
NPRM, Notice of Proposed Rulemaking.

On July 18, 2001 the FAA published a NPRM concerning changes to FAR Parts 13,61,91,119,125,135 and 142 affecting all corporate operators but the biggest change will concern fractional aircraft ownership operators.

The NPRM is way to long for me to post it on Pprune and Danny would probably shoot me if I did. If your company is a member of the NBAA you should have received a copy by now or soon will. Overall, and I really HATE to say this, I think that the FAA for once has done a reasonably good job. (I duck as bricks come flying in though my office window) It will not affect the traditional business aircraft operator of which I am one.

If you do not have a copy of this NPRM you can get it from the Federal Register, titled "14 CRF Parts 13,61,91, et al. Regulation of Fractional Aircraft ownership Programs and On-Demand Operations; Proposed Rule

If you fly for a fractional aircraft ownership company you really need to aware of the proposed changes.

TheDrop
31st Jul 2001, 18:15
Please specify, this is only for fract ops of N-regs, not for European regs operating under AOCs, right ?

con-pilot
1st Aug 2001, 20:16
TheDrop, I believe that the new regs are for N registered aircraft only. From what I understand, and I certainly can be wrong here, JAA looks at fractional aircraft ownership operations to be the same as Part 135 (on demand charter). Maybe someone here on Pprune has the right answer.

Trinflight
3rd Aug 2001, 14:51
Hey Con-pilot, did you get your new bird yet?

Trinflight