PDA

View Full Version : Piper Meridian

TJS
14th Jan 2001, 12:27
Can anybody give me the price of the standard equip Meridian?

Any other info would also be great such as running costs. How much 2 get 1 over to Australia?

Thanks

LAVDUMPER
18th Jan 2001, 11:50
TJS,

Sorry I can't answer your price-related question. But I just recently saw a Meridian for the first time here in the States - and it's a beautiful and powerful-looking airplane. Big turbine engine - and I hear the cockpit is full of glass. Nice!

Looked like a fun airplane to fly.

Cheers

QF.man
19th Jan 2001, 03:31
TJS,

Likewise with the previous reply, don't know the exact cost but have heard they are somewhere around the US$2.3M mark?

I was actually in LA a few weeks back on a trip and had the pleasure of flying one (a good friend of mine operates it) and let me tell you they are fantastic little machines. And as LAVDUMPER said, the cockpit is glass (which you probably already know!). The avionics, displays, autopilot, Wx radar etc, etc are all very very good.

Couldn't say a bad thing about the Meridian, loved it - hey this is probably why you want one yourself!

TJS
27th Jan 2001, 07:58
Thanks for the replies guys. I have made a few calls to Piper and have some firm information or prices/operating costs etc, etc.

Any owners out there, or anyone else wish to comment on the Malibu Meridian? Anyone else flown one, impressions?

Thanks again.

JJflyer
27th Jan 2001, 17:24
A delivery flight with Tanking, inspections fuel, pilotfees, overflights, navigation, overnights in hotels, insurance etc runs around 13000 USD ( High estimate ) I have a friend of mine that has been know to deliver brand new Piper airplanes to NZ and OZ from US Email me and I'll give you his Email to get further info.
I used to deliver airplanes accross pacific too , and still occasionally do so. With over 70 crossings flying mostly junk a Meridian would be a fun trip.

JJ