PDA

View Full Version : HK Residency Jobs

struggler20
22nd May 2007, 10:17
Hi all,

quick question for all, lets just say that i could get HK residency would that at all assist me geting work in asia/china, maybe on a turboprop/jet something that allows me to afford more than 2 minute noodles(currently if you are not aware but GA pilot in Aus gets payed less than a cleaner).

currently im working in GA in Australia working my way up the ladder, i have my application with Cathay but im rather far down the food chain, i have 1100TT most of it on piston singles and light twins.

Can anyone lend me some advise if getting residency would assist, who would be the companies that would be worth hitting up, or whether i should can the idea.

cheers

struggler

Dan Winterland
22nd May 2007, 16:18
If you have the right to live and work in HK and are the holder of a permament HK ID, then working for either CX or KA as a DE SO is possible. You have the minimum hours.

puckhead
23rd May 2007, 01:17
how hard is it to get the right to work and live in HK? How would you go about getting it?

struggler20
23rd May 2007, 03:00
My mum has HK ID card, so in theory i can apply for one

struggler

Cavallier
23rd May 2007, 03:27
Hi Struggler,
I would make sure you are eligible for an ID card first. At the moment I was told that KA will look at taking DESO for the Airbus fleet with a minimum of around 300 hours however they seem to respect a few more hours rather than a bare bones licence.

Good Luck
The Cav:cool:

struggler20
23rd May 2007, 08:36
yeah i just wanted to make sure it was worth all the effort to i have to go through to get it.

Dan Winterland
24th May 2007, 15:32
How hard is it? Well, if you don't have the right at the moment, the answer is probably too hard. Once you have had a temporary ID card for 7 years, then you can get a pernament ID card and work here without the need for sponsorship from a company. How do you get to move here, get sponsorship from a comapny! But if it's a flying job, then you will need to have the hours and experience for an expat contract.

Catch 22 I'm afraid!