PDA

View Full Version : Getting back into Exec Jets SE England

Porgy
5th Jan 2001, 13:14
I am a 43 yr old CAA ATPL with ca 3,000 hours, of which 700 in HS125, 1500 in MELs and 800 in SELs.

I lost my HS125 job in the recession about 10 years ago. I had recently taken command. The job situation was so bad that I left the industry and started a small company.

In the meantime I have maintained currency (ie IR/Class I medical) on my own light twin.

The company can now run itself and I am thinking about getting back into pro flying.

I would want to start again in about April, flying VIP/Exec/Corporate/Medivac Jets or turboprops. I have no glass experience, and no CRM training. I would expect to start as f/o.

I am committed to living in SE England, so I am talking LHR, LGW, Biggin, Fairoaks, Farnborough, Blackbushe, with LTN, STN, SAM as possibilities.

Could some kind soul give me an opinion as to whether I am wasting my time even thinking about this, and should just go for an airline, or if there is a sensible possibility of getting such a job.

TIA

Porgy

Fred West
7th Jan 2001, 23:30
A few of my old friends have just been for interviews with Goldair. They reckon most of the HS125 crews will cross over to the Lear 45 this year. You might wana give them a try. They are at BQH and CBG..

Chief pilot Pat Roofe…[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Fred West (edited 07 January 2001).]

Porgy
8th Jan 2001, 01:44
Fred,

Great lead, thank you.

Porgy

StressFree
10th Jan 2001, 21:09
Porgy,
Youre not wasting your time at all. With your experience I'd be very surprised if you cant get sorted out. Try Chauffair, Lynton, GoldAir, Dravidian etc. I bet you will be working within a few months.

:)

------------------
'Keep the stress down'

Porgy
10th Jan 2001, 22:25
Tx StressFree, I'll try them all nearer the time, I just wanted to get a "feel" for the market.

Porgy