PDA

View Full Version : bizjet jobs...how do you get em?

Snapper_head
8th Apr 2001, 08:20
What are the minimum requirements for an FO job in the US on bizjets? (Disregarding green card/visa requirements) ie. TT ME, IFR turbine time
Are type ratings generally required prior to hire?

Gravox
13th Apr 2001, 10:09
G'day Snapper, I was about to ask the same question. And does anyone out there have a sister or daughter (20-24) that wants to get married ? The green card lottery has it in for me, as I haven't been drawn in 3 years of trying, so I thought I might go the easy option, I can offer an Aussie passport!! :-)

hoo roo

604driver
13th Apr 2001, 11:25
Guys,

If you want a corporate job and you have say 1500 to 2000 Hours i would suggest you dress in a smart casual way and try and get on to the airports where biz jets are either based or operate from.

I would also suggest that you go armed with a hand full of resumes and go and visit the pilots on the ramp. Also get printed up some business cards with your name contact numbers and just put the word pilot under your name. People are more likely to pocket a business card than a resume with this kind of approach.

Be very poilte and please try not to make a pain in the butt of yourself because of your enthusiasm for wanting a job. Most pilots on the ramp will probably welcome a quick visit from a chap or chapess starting out, show you their aircraft and be polite to you. Stay only 2 or 3 minutes unless invited to stay longer. First impressions count.

A useful tip, if both pilots are sitting in the flight deck heads down, they are too busy to entertain a visit. If they appear to be sitting there taking in the views outside, they are probably ready to go fly and just waiting for their passengers.

Goodluck to you.

Markus109
13th Apr 2001, 18:26
Hiyas guys.
So is see that in germany it is easy´er to get a bizjet job.I had only 250h total flight time after i got my german frozen ATPL. And after 6 month´s looking for a job i found it.Now i fly Falcon 20 as first officier.
And its fun to see the World and have alot time to see the good places over the World.
Greets Markus
Always happy landings

Air Driven Generator
14th Apr 2001, 22:21
604Driver,

Quote:
A useful tip, if both pilots are sitting in the flight deck heads down, they are too busy to entertain a visit.

Which really means we're too busy reading the FT and SMSing!!! :) :)

errrr Captin

ADG

StressFree
15th Apr 2001, 22:55
604 Driver,
Inspirational post on the rumours forum.....
I've been meaning to add to it with my own remarkably similar experiences in a UK bizjet with an ex-RAF pilot as a collegue. This bloke was a nightmare and did VERY similar things to that which you described. With him around anything could happen - he wanted to try a WX radar let down into Samadan (VFR strip)- MSA over 10000', and couldnt understand my refusal... I could go on and on and on.
I tried hard to sort it out but in the end I had to leave the firm in order to escape. Subsequently the CAA pulled the firms AOC!!!!
I'm afriad that in the bizjet world these people seem to slip through the net, thats if there is a net!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
'Keep the Stress Down'

604driver
16th Apr 2001, 12:18
ADG

SMS this to your Chief Pilot, its our new departure SOP

80 Kts...Gear Up.....V1....V2.....Light up....Rotate....Go down the back and read the paper....Call passing 500'. :-)

StressFree,

I'd like to hear more. Glad you came out of it OK. I don't want to leave as its a great job. Just takes one tosser to turn a bloody good job into a bloody awful one.

TheDrop
17th Apr 2001, 00:43
StressFree:

" ... to try a WX radar let down into Samadan (VFR strip)- MSA over 10000' ..."

What - is - this ? Heard of many strange approaches, but ... maybe that is your point ?

StressFree
17th Apr 2001, 12:27
Drop,
Have you ever heard of trying to find a valley and then descend into it using only WX radar shadows to determine the valley???
Thats what this bloke wanted to do - sheer madness!!!!!!!!!!
I could start my own forum dedicated to this one mans stupidity in (and out of) an aircraft.

------------------
'Keep the Stress Down'

Flintstone
18th Apr 2001, 14:20
Go on SF, tell all (if only to stop me from doing the same stupid things ;) )