PDA

View Full Version : Dispatcher Jobs

jcmunoz
21st May 2007, 22:31
Hi, I will like to know if there are any current dispatcher jobs to apply, around the world ?

no sig
22nd May 2007, 08:14
If you have an FAA Aircraft Dispatchers license, or one acceptable to the Saudia GACA, then you might check with Sama Riyadh who I know are looking for FAA 121 dispatchers. SAR15,000 per month.

Sandyinmyshoes
31st May 2007, 09:26
This guy's profile says he's from Guatemala... I hardly think he's gonna go all the way from there to Saudi Arabia to live like a prisoner on day release in the desert. As it is the expats in that company are all leaving one by one.

Plenty of nicer places to work buddy, just dedicate some time online and visit every website of every airline u can think of.

There are also plenty of airline specific job sites..

Good luck

Sims.

no sig
31st May 2007, 10:39
Sims

We don't know this chaps personal circumstances so how would we know that he isn't interested in travelling the distance or not; as you seem to have some inside knowledge of Sama you'll know that 90% of their pilots are from Brazil, not to mention the many Americans working there; distance is not an issue in this day and age, and there are those who might just choose a stint in the tax free environment Saudi offers. The post is simply a head up for anyone interested. That said, I do agree, Saudi isn't for everyone.

code one
31st May 2007, 10:52
Check your PM !

Kilo Lima
31st May 2007, 23:30
Greetings !
I'm certified FAA dispatcher, and very interested in finding a job in that region. So what are the chances?

Sandyinmyshoes
3rd Jun 2007, 00:43
No inside informations but this region is small with a lot of talk..

I dont imply that this company is bad, I do not, I only say that people leave as expats are all leaving every company.

A fact is that more people now leave than come..

Riyadh is a terrible place, nothing to do and close to no quality of life.:(

Kabul/Tehran has more, much more!

no sig
3rd Jun 2007, 08:16
Sandinmyshoes

A place is (can be) what you make it, and Riyadh, in my opinion falls into that category. Sure the lack of a beer, cinema, women in anything but the black abaya etc. takes a bit of getting used to, but if I could go back to when I was younger, I would certainly give it a couple of years there to earn the tax free dollars then bail out. Life on one of the better compunds isn't so hard to take and Bahrain for a break isn't that far away. But it isn't for everybody I agree.

On Sama, I do have inside knowledge and most (but not all) of the ex-pats who are leaving or who have left, were there as contractors to get the business up and running and their time is finished. A low cost airlines doesn't keep high cost consultants or contract staff if they don't have to. Not least of which, the objective of any Saudi business is to have it run by Saudi's not Brit's or Yanks- so as they Saudi -ize (if that's a word) there will be people leaving.

Sama is a new airline going with great potential, and of course with every new airline there are growing pains and you'll hear the talk about that no doubt.