PDA

View Full Version : Jet Aviation in Seletar?

Golf Captain
17th Jul 2001, 15:41
Can anybody please tell me if they have had experience with this FBO in Singapore and of what nature?

We are looking at doing some business with them on a permanent basis and I am looking for some experienced pilots to give me there opinion on the way you are treated and the professionalism of the company.

I believe they have excellent facilities for maintenance and am hoping to receive some feedback in relation to the quality and time taken for maintenance?

Basically I am asking whether or not we should be using them and why or why not? Thanks in advance for your sincere replies!! :)

Hermie
17th Jul 2001, 16:21
GolfCaptain,

If you are talking about Seletar that is in Singapore. I would sincerely suggest you post your topic in the Far East. There is a higher possibility of people replying since quite a handful of them are from Singapore and are involve in the Aviation industry.

I heard that the maintenance and facility in Seletar is well, quite impressive.

But if the Seletar you are talking about is NOT in Singapore. My sincere apologies

All the Best

Best Regards,
Herman :cool:

Golf Captain
17th Jul 2001, 16:33
Thank you Hermie for your efficient reply! Yes I am referring to Seletar, Singapore, I should have stated it more clearly but I was unaware there was two in the world.

Thank you for your advice about the Far East forum, I take it on board. I put it on this forum first because I was of the understanding Seletar handled mainly corporate aviation. Most of the topics on this forum are corporate flying related, so I thought it was logical. Thanks again for your advice and I have noted the impressive comment on their services.

noax2grind
17th Jul 2001, 21:44
Golf Captain Hi,
I was in Seletar with a BBJ last year and we used Universal.I was extremely impressed with their service. We had to off load pax at Changi first (their choice) and Universal were there to meet us and then in Seletar when we re-positioned.
They were very helpful, curteous, and pretty well thought of everything (even a cold beer when we had put the aeroplane to bed!!!)
No idea about maintenance.
No experience of Jet Aviation there but got the impression that both FBO`s were keen for business.

rickbardsley
19th Jul 2001, 02:00
Hi Golf captain
We have been in to Seleter a couple of times
and have nothing but praise for them, they could not have been more helpful.

joblessflyer
20th Jul 2001, 17:06
golfcaptain,

forget what Hermie told you. there are few gound handling companies in seletar, the two main ones are Jet and Universal.

for gnd handling wise, Uni is better, cheaper and more thoughtful with human touch. though they do not have the maintainence facilities but you can do it with Hawker Pacific which is very good.

as for jet, a high class outfit,though their maintainence hangar is very well equipped and a brand name, but they are very expensive, the present and only dispatcher is not experience and helpful, and certainly lack of that sincere human touch.

names and telephone nos for both companies are available, if you are interested, let me know and i will mail you.

cheers. :cool: