PDA

View Full Version : Any updates on Gold Air International Lear 45 Positions?

LAVDUMPER
1st Jan 2001, 07:52
Yes, I know this topic has been discussed before. My questions is whether Gold Air has filled the Lear 45 pilot slots that it advertised for a few months back.

How many Lear 45s does Gold Air operate? Any current Gold Air Lear 45 drivers wish to comment about how much they enjoy flying those darts? Must be nice...

Cheers and Happy New Year!

darktan
3rd Jan 2001, 11:46
I don’t think they have any yet. They start arriving in late Jan. I herd they were getting 5 LJ45`s and 2 more Citation Bravos.

High Viz Vest
5th Jan 2001, 22:15
Any idea what they are paying for the citation drivers?

charterpirate
6th Jan 2001, 16:22
Happy New Year Y`All.

Ref the Gold Air Lear positions, I understand that the first is to arrive at the end of this month, and then one more every two months or so thereafter. Total order is 4 firm and 1 further option not yet converted. They are still looking for likely drivers, the first few which have been selected are on the FSI course this month in the USA.

Total fleet at end of 2001 is likely to be 4 to 5 Lear 45, 3 Citation BravoŽs, 1 HS125-800 and possibly the CJ.

Salaries are fairly straight forward there, with the same across all fleets, with a fairly large portion of the salary on flight pay, between 5 and 15 pounds sterling per hour. FOŽs basic around 25k and captain approx 40k, expect to earn around 6 to 10k in flight pay on top of the basic. Plenty of other benefits on top allegedly.

Equipment is all new, great team atmosphere and certainly one of the larger GA jet companies IŽd work for.

Good luck to those giving it a go. Chief Pilot Captain Pat Roofe at the Cambridge address.

Chartpirate.