PDA

View Full Version : FAA Class 1 Holders: CAA Initial Class 1 Visual Standards

AlexEvans
21st May 2007, 12:30
I heard a rumor that if you already hold an FAA class 1 medical then the CAA apply the renewal standards to your initial class 1 medical.

There is no renewal limit for myopia or astigmatism, so if this rumor is true it would appear that provided you meet the FAA class 1 visual standards then a CAA class 1 is obtainable.

As much as I want to believe it, I have been unable to find anything on the CAA web site to confirm this.

Does anyone know what the score is?

If neccessary I'll write to Gatwick but a reply usually takes a couple of months and they don't seem to volunteer much in the way of information.

I'm also speculating that they may apply the CAA class 1 renewal standards to those holding an FAA class 1 and an FAA CPL/ATPL with many hours experience.

Does anyone have any experience of any of this?

Regards,

Al

David Horn
21st May 2007, 18:55
I had a reply from an optometrist at Gatwick within a week if it's any help. (Sent an email last Sunday, got a phone call today explaining the answer, and apparently a letter is on its way).

Cheers,

David.

tingtang
18th Jun 2007, 07:36
What did the letter say?

Anything about class 1 being given on renewal limits?

papang
21st Jun 2007, 09:24
Yes please, What did the letter say about that ?
I have an a Transport Canada class 1 medical certificate and I want to pass the CAA Class 1 medical check !
thank you