PDA

View Full Version : Flexjets Reply

King Rat
3rd Apr 2001, 12:25
I recently received a call from Flexjets informing me that they had my application form. The lady I spoke to wanted to clarify certain details on my application and advised me that Flexjets had a number of people in their pool who would be taken on first. New hires would be taken on in the "summer". Clarification here was not forthcoming - so I assume that meant from June onwards?
Salary scales were good:
F/O Lear: £30,000
F/O Challenger £50,000 (same as Lear Captain)
6 days on, 4 days off.
(The six days on you are required to be at the beck and call of the company and could end up anywhere eg Farnborough, Biggin etc in a hotel)
Allowances are £50 per day whilst away on company time.
Good pension/medical benefits as you would expect from an american company (especially with Bombadier backup)
Anybody heard anything else?
Thanks in adavance....
Ratty

LAVDUMPER
3rd Apr 2001, 17:33
Recently sat in the "sharp end" of a Flexjet Lear 60 in the States. Quite a nice view!!!!!!! I watched it take off like an F-16 - nice climbing right turn...

Envious of anyone who joins that operation (although the pay could be a bit better). Certainly would beat any mundane and monotonous airline flying in my book.

Cheers

King Rat
5th Apr 2001, 12:42
Surely someone but me must have had a reply from flexjets.
Seems far too quiet?????

MissChief
7th Apr 2001, 10:47
Yup, Ratty, it's pretty quiet in the pool so far, so don't hold your breath. Flexjet Europe seem like a pretty good operation, but still in the process of winning new business and setting up. Lears sure look nice too...hopefully not too long before we get to fly 'em

Lear35pilot
10th Apr 2001, 01:49
Yeeehaa!!

:) Got the call...start soon...gotta love it!!! :)

LJ

[This message has been edited by Lear35pilot (edited 09 April 2001).]

King Rat
10th Apr 2001, 18:31
Lear35pilot
Were you previously in "the pool" or have you recently been interviewd for the advertised position?
Do you have previous corporate/airline experience?
Do you have any info you coould share with us in respect to the interview process....
Thanks in advance and good luck in the new job.
Ratty

chinny
11th Apr 2001, 21:03
Any body got any idea why F/J is so good?They have got some nice kit but I heard thru the grape vine that things weren't going that good-any-one any views? http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif

Lear35pilot
12th Apr 2001, 15:12
King Rat,

First, Thank you! Now to the questions;

I have been flying corporate for almost five years of which about four years have been on different models of Learjets (nothing as nice and shiny as a 31 or 60 though :) ). I was never in the "pool".

The interview was very straight forward. It was about 1 hour with questions about you, your family and your career. Ofcourse the "mandatory" question of why you would like to join Flexjet was also asked :)!

Following the pilot-interview you do a psycological (did I spell that right?) evaluation which takes a full day. It involves bunches of different written tests that are pretty tricky, and an interview with the psychologist (wow http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif, these words are harder then the tests!).

Overall it is a pretty thurough process. My experience has been that all the people you come in contact with throughout the process are very, very nice in every way. You deffinetly never feel like you are just another pilot looking for a job that can be treated any way they please.

Well that's it folks!

Good luck with your "process" Ratty!

LJ :)

[This message has been edited by Lear35pilot (edited 12 April 2001).]

MissChief
12th Apr 2001, 17:23
I agree with Lear35pilot...good bunch, and an "interesting" but not unfair day with the psychologists and their tests. All staright and above board--good company.

LAVDUMPER
12th Apr 2001, 17:49
Lear35pilot,

Any idea which aircraft you'll fly first - Lear 31 or 60? How do they make that determination - on hours alone? Also, do you know whether they will replace the older Challengers with newer 604s?

Either way, you'll be flying a hotrod - as I stated above, I was really impressed with the Flexjet Lear 60 I sat in a few weeks back in the States.

Cheers

Lear35pilot
12th Apr 2001, 22:30
Thanks Lavdumper :)

I'll be in the 60. I don't know how they determine who gets to fly what? Probably a combination of hours, experience and company need !?

LJ

[This message has been edited by Lear35pilot (edited 12 April 2001).]

LAVDUMPER
12th Apr 2001, 22:49
Lear35pilot,

Well, now I'm envious. The Lear 60 is one of my favourite airplanes - the flight deck has a mix of glass and analog, the airframe is super-sleek, it can fly to FL510, and its takeoff performance is phenomenal - I have seen some Spaceshuttle-like takeoffs. Flying one of those around Europe would be a pleasure...

Where will you be based? Any idea of how far afield from Europe you will fly the Lear 60 - Middle East, North Africa?

Cheers

TheDrop
15th Apr 2001, 00:27
LR31 or 60 - it is a matter of what slot is available in training I guess ... there are not many LR31 or 60 sims, so you don't just call a training center and book the slots you need.

Both are nice aircraft, LR60 has has more room and above all an external baggage compartment. They both have enough power, the 31 has 7000 lbs thrust (total) with a basic weight of around 11000 pounds - that gives some performance that matters ... put three engines on this plane and you could go straight up for a good while, with low weights ...

Good lucks to all,

See you sometime, LJ. By the way, what date do you start at FSI ?

TD

Lear35pilot
15th Apr 2001, 01:32
Lavdumper: I'll be based in Copenhagen and as far as I've understood the primary area of operation is western Europe and the "secondary" is north Africa and the Middle East.

The Drop: I'm going to FSI with the next group and guess if I'm looking forward to it :) !!! Are you with FJ?

Ya'll take care now!

LJ :)

[This message has been edited by Lear35pilot (edited 14 April 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Lear35pilot (edited 14 April 2001).]

bugs bunny
3rd May 2001, 02:17
Any latest news on interviews?
thanks to anyone who will answer