PDA

View Full Version : Malayasian Airlines

Indianzz
21st May 2007, 00:20
I'm looking to fly cattle class AKL - LHR return in July.

Never flown with them and would appreciate any comments from those who have.

Thanks

Andy_S
21st May 2007, 08:39
The Airline Quality website is a good resource:
http://www.airlinequality.com/Airlines/MH.htm
From personal experience, economy in Malaysian is about as good as it gets. Seat pitch in economy is a generous 34", and the IFE is world class - seat back screens with a good selection of on demand films and games helps the hours fly by. Service is generally good, although I think the standards have slipped from the exceptionally high levels of a few years ago.

angels
21st May 2007, 10:42
Seconded.

Have done KUL-LHR several times with them in cattle (a few years back mind) and never had a problem.

I've no reason to believe that has changed.

gdiphil
21st May 2007, 13:35
I fly LHR to SYD return twice a year in economy. Went with MH last September and I agree with angels and Andy's comments completely. Definitely recommend them. Have a good trip.

1DC
21st May 2007, 15:25
My experience of Malaysian in economy is good and i have flown to Oz with them a couple of times. I would be happy to fly with them again..

Indianzz
21st May 2007, 20:10
Thanks for the positive feedback everyone.

I was originally booked on Air NZ (I'm a Kiwi) but I'm sick of being screwed by their domestic monopoly.

The other option I have is a combination of Air NZ and Lufthansa - that way I get to accrue airpoints, however MH overall is cheaper.

I'll confirm MH with my agent today and let you know how the trip goes.

Thanks again