PDA

View Full Version : What happened to 'Wing Files' Site???

oldebloke
21st May 2007, 00:08
Has anyone any information as to what's happening to the 'Wing Files"
Site,with it's wealth of Performance information??
Cheers.
:ok:

vapilot2004
21st May 2007, 02:52
Site Temporarily Disabled
This site has been temporarily disabled. If you are the owner of the site, please contact customer care.

Looks like they didn't pay their Yahoo bill - or are facing copyright/other issues or perhaps they are on holiday in the Azores. :cool:

bflyer
21st May 2007, 03:51
Hi.....i wish and pray to the almighty that it's a temporary setback
i shiver at the thought that thia site might be closed for good
oooooooooooh no :ooh: :mad: :uhoh: :{

oldebloke
22nd May 2007, 03:22
what I'm really after is the info"getting to grips with Performance-Airbus"
It's the Aone reference for FAR/EASA certification comparisons.Does anybody have any other avenue to acquiring said info??
Cheers:ok:

Airbus FlightSimmer
22nd May 2007, 05:05
@ oldebloke
Have a look here:
http://www.smartcockpit.com/pdf/flightops/aerodynamics/0018/

Regards
Robert

mcdhu
22nd May 2007, 15:03
.......but does nobody know where 'Wingfiles' went or if/when it will return?

Cheers,
mcdhu

Mr Ree
23rd May 2007, 01:59
Rainboe- it's a site with many excellent links providing a wealth of information on the technical and scientific aspects of aviation. Well worth adding to your bookmarks list should the site return to line.

mutt
23rd May 2007, 04:15
I don't think anybody knows....or cares
Actually some of us in the Tech Forum do care, it was very easy to answer tech questions by referring people to research the subject on wingfiles :):)

Mutt

john_tullamarine
23rd May 2007, 09:41
.. more importantly if, and when, it comes back from the dead, please sing out and I can change the URL link as necessary in the sticky.

411A
23rd May 2007, 11:51
To no one in particular (but you certainly must know who you are...:}) you should remember that the younger folks just starting out in airline flying would perhaps like to know a few of the basic facts from an historical prespective, to help them better understand why things are done today that might seem odd or unreasonable, but viewed from that bygone era, would become quite clear.

Internet sites many times provide this information, some factual, some not, but nevertheless at least provide a basis for discussion and further research.

In short, you ain't born with this knowledge, it has to be learned...somewhere.:ugh:

john_tullamarine
24th May 2007, 02:37
May I echo 411A's comments. Two anecdotes ..

(a) as a young chap I was seeking to change a local Authority flight manual change to the OEM standard manual. While I still think the Authority's change was unnecessary, the relevant flying operations chap with whom I was dealing convinced me of the validity of "before you want to change the change .. make sure you know why it was changed first time around"

(b) years ago I did one of the NTPS short courses and a much older ex-CAB engineer was involved. Now this chap, as a lad in the real early days, got to see a lot of the finger in the wing rationale for this reg and that. His stories have remained with me as if related only yesterday.

F4F
24th May 2007, 06:49
... a tad too toxic, perhaps :cool:

bflyer
24th May 2007, 06:53
Hi everybody...am checking wingfiles on a daily basis..great site and i couldn't agree more with all the stars of pprune..in fact this site functions very much like wingfiles but with a better effect, it being sort of interactive.
I always recommend this site to my trinees

oldebloke
24th May 2007, 07:52
Airbus Flight Simmer,Many thanks for the lead on'getting a grip on etc'
I downloaded the File in under 2 minutes as advertised...Excellent site
Where is it based??
Again many Thanks..
Oldebloke
Did the 320 for the last ten years(54-65)prior to final retirement..:ok:

Pushpak
25th May 2007, 02:15
bflyer, are you able to access the wingfiles.com...??
Airbus flight simmer..........thanks.

janosch
26th Aug 2007, 19:47
Hi,

everyone still interested in getting a copy of wingfiles.com please drop me a private messages.

kind regards

janosch

OverRun
29th Aug 2007, 06:15
The very many private messages (including mine) would be a logistic nightmare to properly respond to since the site was 500 Mb. A new solution is being developed between Janosch & I, and you'll get a private message reply in about 3 weeks.

biehnd
19th Feb 2008, 15:57
Hello Janosch,

I read your email from last summer about dropping you a personal line for access to wingfiles.com. I am very interested in getting back on the site. I found it an excellent source for the Airbus "Getting to Grips" series.

David Biehn
A330

DesiPilot
19th Feb 2008, 16:17
Well, I was smart/foolish/crazy/bored enough one day to download the entire website to my laptop (yes, all 582 mb of it) so that I can access the files whenever I want and couldnt go online. So it is here in my laptop, now the question is what kind of legal problems can I get myself into by uploading these files on net?

May be Nathan J.W. Gutiérrez can answer my question or any other Computer Gurus out there.

DesiPilot
23rd Mar 2008, 11:41
Oh well, I thought I'd take some chances. I finally decided to upload all the files on a website and bandwidth that was available to me.

I guess all of you can download the files while its there on the this website. You can access files at www.britflight.com

:) Desi

SuperRanger
23rd Mar 2008, 11:47
Desi, A job well done. Let me be the first to thank you for taking the effort! I'm sure ppruners will find it very very useful...SR

xetroV
24th Mar 2008, 11:28
Thanks, Desi! Much appreciated.

Breecher
24th Mar 2008, 19:32
DesiPilot,

Very good of you to set up a replacement site. Thanks very much. :ok: