PDA

View Full Version : UK AOC and N Reg Aircraft - what's the latest ??

10W
30th Dec 2000, 20:15
Back in November, Prestwick based Corporate Jets were ordered by the UK Government to stop flying paying passengers as they were required to hold a DETR permission and also a UK AOC. I am told several other companies might also be considered for investigation but have no idea who, if any, they may be.

As their aircraft are still travelling around on the N reg, does anyone know what the final outcome was ?? Or do their passengers all pay through untraceable offshore accounts now ? ;)

I presume that 'traditional' corporate operations where employees/contractors/freeloaders are carried are a different kettle of fish and are not affected by this.

------------------
10 West
UK ATC'er
[email protected]

Cathar
1st Jan 2001, 22:52
I suspect that the reason for the ban is that "fractional ownership" arrangements amount to public transport operations under UK law (Air Navigation Order). Public transport operations by non G reg (or EU registered aircraft on intra EC routes) to or from the UK need a permit from Dept of Transport. I understand that US legislation does not require fractional ownership companies to have an AOC, which is necessary to obtain a permit from DOT. It appears that the only way "fractional ownership" operators can operate in the UK is under an AOC but I can see no reason why it has to be a UK AOC (unless their main business is cabotage).

I agree that traditional corporate operations are a different kettle of fish.