PDA

View Full Version : Corporate jet or airline turbo prop?

cirrus81
20th May 2007, 11:09
Ok guys here is the case..

I am fresh Frozen ATPL holder.

I have been accepted by airline to b precise PIA to fly ATR 42-500 on domestic routes, however since its long wait on training it wud b atleast another 7 months or so before i even begin to fly. and im yet to do my simulator. Aer ATR u move on to 737-300's but that would be another couple of years after ATR and so on..

Few days ago i was offered a job to fly corporate jet precisely Citation with base in dubai. although the complete package details r not confirmed yet.

I am not sure what to take..ur thoughts?

speedrestriction
20th May 2007, 11:13
It is really a lifestyle choice you are making. The most important piece of information which you have omitted is what you would ideally be doing in 15 - 20 years time.

cirrus81
20th May 2007, 11:19
well i want to eventually fly for an airline, and lifestyle is one of the major concerns considerin been livin all life in dubai

Also with PIA i would av a 5 year bond as well.

lostcomm
20th May 2007, 11:57
I had a corporate job on KingAir, CJ, Hawker 800 XP, now Im on A320. I tell you I dont miss all those rich and spoiled pax at all.:ugh: If you want to fly for the airline wait for the ATR job.You wont be sorry.
LC

Effee
20th May 2007, 12:37
I think the choice would be obvious, for myself at least. I would jump at a Jet opportunity, being a fresh ATPL holder. It'll be good to gain experience. Its a huge plus because its overseas based too for me. I'd like to experience another country as well.

redsnail
20th May 2007, 14:33
Take the job that gets you flying the soonest. Any thing can happen in 6 or so months. In the meantime you'll be working and gaining experience.

flyingklunzy
21st May 2007, 07:35
If you want to work as an airline pilot, wait a few months, in 20years when you look back, a few months is nothing.

Ye citation might be a jet but its a tiny jet and where will that lead you in the long run. ATR would be good fund and then there is the 737 to look forward to if you want to move on.

And I agree about the pax thing, having worked in really posh hotels a few years ago and having done charters myself I know about snobby pax, stay away from that unless you like the whole poshy service thing.

Its a lifestyle choice at the end of the day....when you in the cockpit doesnt really matter whats behind you, its what surround the job that counts. :ok:

jamav8r
6th Jun 2007, 17:43
Man, I wish I had your type of problems. My advice to you is go with what feels most comfortable .Gaining jet experience cannot be a bad thing and if you want an airline career in the future, having a few thousand hours of jet time behind you can only help. however if the thought of piloting 737's in a few years is your goal then wait on the ATR job and work towards it, whatever you decide though just be thankful that you have this dilemma, there are hundreds of pilots in other parts of the world with zero choices much less two.

Safe flying.

dynamite dean
6th Jun 2007, 21:32
Having done many thousands of hours of Props I can tell you I couldn t wait to get onto any jet! Lifestyle plays an important part of course so go for which ever suits you at present. If you want Airline or Corporate for me its interchangeble, I just dont believe for a minute that the 'die is cast' if you decide one or the other..you pick corporate later you may go to airline and vice - verser Aviation is a constant changing dynamic so should you.:ok: