PDA

View Full Version : Formula one team/driver biz jets

secret agent 86
22nd Aug 2000, 22:28
If anyone could provide a lead on any teams/drivers that may require pilots, it would be appreciated.

CLIMB FL450 BYE BYE
25th Aug 2000, 07:08
TEAM LADA ARE LOOKING FOR A PILOT FOR THEIR
CORPORATE TU-154.

WILLIAMS RACING HAS A CITATION I THINK IT IS
BASED AT OXFORD.

NEXT F1 GP AT SPA IN BELGIUM
CHECK THE BARS AROUND LIEGE IF YOU WANT TO MEET ANY OF THE BOYS FLYING FOR THE TEAMS AND ALSO THE F1 HANGERONS.

GOOD LUCK

hansi
28th Aug 2000, 15:34
F1 Managment 2*146 1*lear 60 1* baby lear Biggin Based
Williams Falcon 50 Oxford
Schuey Senior Challanger 604 Cologne/Swiss
Schuey Junior Piaggio??
Mercedes Citation 3 Coventry
Mclaren 125 Farnbrough
BAR 125 Farnbrough
Arrows Citation 3 Oxford
Heinz HF Citation 1 Canne
Damon (retd) Lear 31aDublin
Mika Rental Canne
DC Sterling jet rental Lear 31a or 60 Prestwick
Eddie Irvine Falcon 10 Dublin
J Villineuve Swiss Lear 31a or 35
Jackie Stewart J31 Manchester.
Jordan 125 Oxford
etc etc etc
All lovely people , mostly you need a rating to start with.
Try getting a job with a corp jet operator to build up contacts, in F1 its very much who you know.

EHRDYIRJ
28th Aug 2000, 16:13
You can also try to contact Ross Mercer at the Diamond House, Biggin Hill Airport.
He once landed with McLaren's Chief Director at EHRD.

Tooske

OneDotLow
2nd Sep 2000, 13:24
G'Day guys,

With regards to hansi's comment...

This may seem a little ignorant, but I am 20 yrs, Australian CPL MEIR, 700 TT and ATPL theory credits are coming along nicely (will be completed in October).

I would really like to get into the corporate side of the industry, what/where/who/how are my best chances of scoring a job?

Many Thanks,

OneDotLow

[This message has been edited by OneDotLow (edited 02 September 2000).]

Off Blox
2nd Sep 2000, 16:21
Anyone know who carries out the ops work for the F1 teams when their a/c are flying around the world. Does it get contracted out or done in house. Do crew work to CAP371 rules when UK registered or not. Any info please mail me. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif:

secret agent 86
5th Sep 2000, 19:55
Thanks for the info....it's not for a first job.....just looking for something different in a field that I'm a rabid fan of. Are the FOCA 146's UK based?

hansi
6th Sep 2000, 12:32
The 146's are G reg, There was only 1 on line earlier in the season with a lovely 2 class interior the other was in for cabin and paint. Lot of TNT people sub for the 146 and occasionally they use contract people on the lears.
As for the ops side of it a lot of crews use universal to do all the flight watch tasks, some do it themselves others sub airlines like Atlantic @ Coventry to do it for them.
Most of the A/C are N reg so Part 91 ops with no FTL scheme.
Hope thats of help without giving to many trade secrets away.