PDA

View Full Version : 737 jobs Japan

Saturn
19th May 2007, 08:24
Every week it seems flight intn'l has the advertisment for these positions. If you go to the HACS/CREW/PARC site it almost implies, and I have seen these elsewhere, that they are desperate! So what is the deal? The pay looks good, 737-500' and NG's but why do they need people so badly? Is this a too good to be true job? ANA is a top airline and I know these are service carriers but I figured people would be lining up. Anyone with info?:ugh:

speedtwoten
19th May 2007, 12:43
I heard they need pilot badly, but those two japanese company setting their standard too high due to their lack of the new generation of airline pilot information, I heard during the assement in SIM you are required to hand fly the plane (B737) without A/P, T/T and F/D just like in the PPL for the circuit rather to look how the pilot manage the plane safely, (might be their next on order plane will be without A/P, A/T & F/D or FMC):ugh: so I believe they are many candidate fail in this case, and you also required to know their procedure in 30minutes before the assesment check:{ but any how the pay is good enought:ok:

Jet Man
19th May 2007, 20:07
From what I hear most people fail the medical not the sim!

galdian
21st May 2007, 02:05
Saturn
If you pursue these positions make sure you ask questions, and get real answers, regarding residency, accommodation, tax, staff travel, travel to work, days off Vs consecutive days off and probably a number of other issues that the contract companies probably won't raise/address if you don't.
If you start looking at the costs involved in these issues the net pay will change and the overall picture not quite as rosy - but maybe OK for you, that's for you to decide.
Also be aware that due the style of flying any information you obtain from the Air Japan/AJX guys may be good background however there will be concerns/considerations that apply to the 73 ops that may not be a consideration on the 76 and vica versa.

Make sure you do your homework.

speedtwoten
21st May 2007, 07:16
Jet Man you read the thread below this topic :{ from JapJok or Kaptin M