PDA

View Full Version : CL604 vs CRJ

Tayas
17th Dec 2000, 13:41
I have been following the saga concerning pilots upgrading onto the CRJ at Kendells in Australia, it would appear there has been the odd problem. As I will be doing a CL604 conversion in the new year I would be interested in comments from any 604 drivers out there about the aircraft, the conversion and how it compares with the CRJ.

LAVDUMPER
18th Dec 2000, 03:58
Tayas,

I am unfamiliar with the problems experienced by Kendall pilots in their training. Perhaps you could elaborate.

I know several CRJ pilots in the States and all of enjoyed the training process and claim the aircraft is "easy" to fly once training has been completed. Problems experienced typically involve FMS conversion and "scan" involving speed tapes on the PFD.

My impression of the 604 flight deck is that it is similar to, but cleaner than, the CRJ flight deck. I am sure you will love it.

Incidentally, where do you fly out of and what types of mission profiles do you expect to fly in the 604? Regional or intercontinental flying? Examples?

Cheers

bearcat88
23rd Dec 2000, 00:40
In a nutshell ...
the RJ is more responsive in the horizontal while a 604 beats the heck out of the RJ in the climb. Both cockpits show commonality with a few switches moved about. Owner installed toys in the cockpit will make your 604 even more different than the RJ but generally in a pleasurable sense. Transition isn't too difficult as many of the systems are the same (except the electrics).
Enjoy the experience.

mountain man
23rd Dec 2000, 16:02
I think you'll find that the majority of Kendals Pilot's problems stemmed from the fact that they were transitioning from Turboprops to a pure Jet.A high performance one at that.

MM.