PDA

View Full Version : Baby Essentials and LHR Security

Salusa
18th May 2007, 17:02
What is the situation with items such as baby food, milk etc at security?

I am heading out with the tribe soon from LHR T3 to Singapore, so will need to carry a fair bit on board to see us through.

I know the 100ml rule, but does it also apply to baby formulae pre mixed and bottled?, My kids are quite fussy, can we take their own food in 'Tupperware' containers?

With regard to hand baggage, whilst both my lads are under two, I will book their tickets as 2+. Therefore, I presume they will each be entitled to hand baggage, although my wife and I will carry it "on their behalf"?

In general and to summarise, what are other SLF's experience of LHR T3 security and traveling with young 'uns?

limerick
19th May 2007, 10:10
We have just returned from LHR to Sydney via Singapore, travelling with a child and infant. Had 5 pieces of hand luggage including a Quicksmart pram (folds up into a backback), without drama's.

We were actually ushered to the front of the waiting queues to go through security, had no trouble taking food onboard, and bought water and milk 'airside' to avoid any drama's. I suggest you do that, with the formula measured out in containers in case they do confiscate the premix.

It seemed we were given special 'bypass the queue' priveledges because we had kids in tow (or maybe because we looked totally frazzled) :)

My travelling with kids motto...expect the worst and you'll be pleasantly surpised. :p

skydriller
20th May 2007, 07:10
Please be aware this is TOTALLY the OPPOSITE of my experience the last time we flew out of london with SD Jr....
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showpost.php?p=3091284&postcount=48
We will not be flying as a family from the UK again, trips to the UK will be by car/GA or elswhere via Paris/Munich/Amsterdam where the silly rules are slightly less silly.......
Regards, SD..

Salusa
21st May 2007, 09:21
Thanks for the feedback.

In the end we have decided to take a leisurely trip to Amsterdam and pick up the SQ flight from there.

This is a one way flight and we are nor pushed for time.