PDA

View Full Version : BA Admits to Price Fixing

Deskjocky
18th May 2007, 15:37
Found this on rumours and news section, looks like they really got caught with their pants down and got a fine that really makes the eyes water!
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=276497

Avi8tor
19th May 2007, 06:19
Well, well. Wonder if that could happen here in SA. Oh no, of course not, the state owns 3 airlines itself. They dont have to fix fares, they dont need to make a profit.

:ugh:

Lex44
20th May 2007, 18:29
Avi8tor,
What a dim view of your country's airline. Do you have a bone to pick or a score to settle? Who would you rather owned SAA & Co?

DD777
20th May 2007, 19:36
Just check any one of AV8's posts and I think you'll see he has a severe dose of both of the above!
Wonder how many cv's he's had at SAA over the years?;)

Lex44
20th May 2007, 19:57
It shows ...

Avi8tor
21st May 2007, 13:35
Sorry Guys, when ppl say things your guys dont wanna hear, you end up with a play ground mentality. I have NO score to settle with SAA, SAX or Mango. I have an interest in a healthy Airline industry in SA.

Darn right I have a dim view of the national carrier. Its run like a 2nd rate french bistro. And as its only share holder, I have EVERY right to say so. The flag carrier concept is a P:mad:ss pot 3rd world phenomenon.

Don't think it takes a Nobel Prize in Economics to figure out that if the state runs 3 airlines at a HUGE loss, it leaves the rest of the industry suffering.

Only one solution guys......

Get the state out of airlines, sell or list them on the stock exchange. Let market forces win out.

P.S. and for the record, 2 CV's. Both in the mid '90's.

Deskjocky
21st May 2007, 13:54
Wonder how many cv's he's had at SAA over the years?

Rejection can make a guy bitter:}

Avi8tor
21st May 2007, 13:59
I rest my case...play ground stuff. If you can't have engage in healthy debate, keep off forums that incourage it.

Deskjocky
21st May 2007, 14:05
Wind your neck in chap, just having a little fun with you, clearly you take yourself way too seriously- I know I know Im on my way back to the swings!:E

Lex44
21st May 2007, 18:18
Av8,
How did the C.Vs go? Would you relish another attempt? Am sure the FC still get paid on time despite the slump.
Would you still cry wolf if you were on board?

Cheer up mate. TIA- This is Africa.

AVSEC
26th May 2007, 08:42
Careful,careful.What do you mean by after all this is Africa?We are all earning a living within that continent so lets show some respect,okay?
I agree with AV8.African forum no longer sticks to debates but takes it to a mud slinging dimension of absoloutely no use to our industry.Nuff said.