PDA

View Full Version : Private Pilots Forum - its official

rightstuffer
17th Aug 2000, 23:37
Following on from the 'Wot about a PPL's Forum' I wrote to Danny Fyne. His view, which I think is probably the right one, is to rename this forum to encourage the 'Non-Professionals' amongst us to use it as a PPL+ forum.

All we need is a name. Out goes 'Biz Jets and GA' in comes..... What???

We need your suggestions for a forum which allows us PPLs to rant and rave; includes our GA bretheren (and the biz-jet poseurs)but is clearly not aimed afor the airline people.

Your suggestions please on this thread....C'mon lowNslow you can start.

What about:
'Private Flying and GA' or
'PPL and General Aviation'

I'll put all the sensible suggestions to PPrune HQ and let them decide. From then on its up to us PPLs to get the Forum going.

All chip in please.....

Wycombe
18th Aug 2000, 01:36
Right then Rightstuffer:

Looks like I'm first

I'm a PPL PPruner myself, so don't take this
the wrong way (just trying to make it humorous)....what about the "Puddle Jumpers to Jets (GA)" Forum?

Hungry Pilot
18th Aug 2000, 01:37
This is the PROFESSIONAL Pilot's Rumour NEtwork!

So go play with your little toys somewhere else.

Bye...

------------------
"...and somebody foam down that runway, we've got a jumbo coming in on her belly!"

TikkiRo
18th Aug 2000, 01:56
I'm only starting out (haven't even had my 1st PPL lesson yet)in flying, but originally came to this forum following the advice of my FI to be who happens to be a BA Cpt. I presumed I would find like-minded individuals here, but instead am discovering a whole new brand of egotists. Probably doesn't help that I'm female - no doubt there are some here who would slate that fact as well. I have to ask Hungry Pilot what the heck he's hungry for.... obviously not any form of mingling in the ranks or allowing the (in his warped opinion) lower echelons of the aviation industry to have any form of furthering their interest on a site such as this. Having read a lot of posts on this entire site, I would nearly (but only nearly) have to ask - "When is a pilot NOT a pilot?? When he's a Pprune!".

I came to this site eagerly anticipating being able to 'talk' to others who have gone down the PPL road who could advise or help me in the way forward. So GO for getting us our own area one way or another and let those with a bad attitude go elsewhere - what are they doing in this section anyway??

FlyingV
18th Aug 2000, 04:11
HP,

what did you learn to fly in ? A 757 ?

Regards,
V. (a student pilot)

BTW, I'm a computer professional - maybe I should object to a pilot like HP using the Internet until he gets a degree & 10 years experience in I.T. ;)

BTBTW, I like the 'Private Flying & GA' option.

[This message has been edited by FlyingV (edited 18 August 2000).]

Capt PPRuNe
18th Aug 2000, 06:23
Decided you can have your own forum. Thread moved to the Private Flying Forum.

------------------
Capt PPRuNe
The Professional Pilots RUmour NEtwork