PDA

View Full Version : Where to start?

low n' slow
11th Dec 2000, 20:52
Hey, was just wondering wher to start if I want to get started in this buisness. Could someone tell me what to do if I've got all the ratings. Where do I get jet experience or is it even needed? I'm currently under training and I'm looking for a plan for what to do after I'm done (Shure, I could have posted this in the wannabe section, but it seems no-one's interested in biz-jet flying...).
Appreciate any thoughts about what to do!
Cheers/sam

FAAJAA
13th Dec 2000, 03:40
1. Find jet operator
2. Offer to wash/wax aircraft, sweep hanger etc for free
3. If you get offered a sector in the RHS, impress them with your flying skills.
A. Dont be afraid to write to chief pilots, etc giving them your story. When you have hours, such things are remembered.

Markus109
29th Dec 2000, 21:54
Hello guys :-)
It is unbelieveable that it is soo hard to get a job in your region.In germany i got few weeks ago my first job as FO on a Falcon 20 with 300h total time.
I see i must be happy to get a jet job so easy.
Greets Markus
Always happy landings.

shailesh
21st Feb 2001, 10:19
i have a total of 500hrs &200 hrs of multi time,could please suggsest me any corporate looking for guys with low time
hope to hear in the affirmative

Pete-O-Heat
23rd Feb 2001, 17:20
Im also looking towards corporate flying. Problem is that in australia you will be lucky to get a light twin job with less than around 6-700 hours or more of single, and lucky to get a F/O slot on anything with less than 1000 hrs twin.

Oh well, I'll keep looking.

StressFree
23rd Feb 2001, 22:58
Gentlemen,
I know it seems hard at the moment to get your first bizjet job but stick with it. If you make yourself known then something will surely come up, even if its light twin flying - take it. Once you have one job its so much easier to get another.

------------------
'Keep the Stress Down'

Cobra
24th Feb 2001, 09:25
I probably receive one or two CV's a week from prospective bizjet pilots, some are second/third attempts.
Like others have said, including SF above, get any flying job you can and KEEP KNOCKING ON DOORS.
With the necessary skills and hours you WILL ultimately succeed.
Good luck!!