PDA

View Full Version : ATPL groundschool

tornado617
17th May 2007, 17:11
Hello folks

Im going away to america very soon to do my PPL. After i have finished that i will start my ATPL Groundschool with Bristol GS. However,im going back to college part-time this september,while working full-time. Do you think that ATPL groundschool on top of that would be too difficult? I will be doing my AS college exams after my first year, so i probably do have time to hopefully finish my groundschool, or most of it by then. I hope you understood what i have written! Thank you.

Richard

cfwake
17th May 2007, 20:28
i'm doing my atpl's at the moment full-time and for my part i just want to say that i can't imagine how difficult it must be to learn all the stuff on your own without a classroom environment. i know i'd have a hell of a time coping and i have huge respect for those people who manage to go through it all by distance learning. for my two cents, being in the middle of it, i'd bite the bullet and go full time either instead of or after college. if you want to fly, then to be honest, you need to decide how important college is to you and your cv/future employment prospects. you can only answer that yourself, but to get back onto the point, i'd avoid d/l unless i had no other option because a lot of the stuff, i'm finding, is tricky and a classroom environment is an excellent one to learn it in, as well as having an instructor standing in front of you. even an internet forum with instructors at the other end, i would argue, would struggle to better the real thing.

just my two cents