PDA

View Full Version : rvsm

V2Climb
13th Mar 2001, 11:58
Hi Guys, how are people with older bizjets getting on with rvsm certification? Will this be another 8.33 fiasco? http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif

JJflyer
14th Mar 2001, 10:11
Well. Not that the 8.33 was all that hard, but RVSM should not be even close to that. As far as I know you need an approved altimeter system ( Kollsman makes a retrofit ) and as with MNPS approval from your avation authority. As I am in our maintenace base right now I'll ask around for more specific info. What type of aircraft would this mod be for ???

JJ

V2Climb
14th Mar 2001, 12:46
Hi JJ, ours is already approved. It was more in relation to smaller operators in the UK who at present are using things like old Citation 2's which have to face either an expensive mod and/or a substantial loss in re-sale value come implementation. These aircraft will not have a place in Europe anymore except below 290.
Is there a head-in-the-sand thing going on?

mutt
15th Mar 2001, 01:27
Can a Citation 2 get above FL290??? :) :) :) :)

Mutt.

Podracer
15th Mar 2001, 02:15
RVSM upgardes shouldnt be a problem. Most of the 8.33 spacing upgrades were completed without problems.

Is "fiasco" a bit strong?

I guess you must have had a 'mare!

------------------
The Force is stong in this one.

JJflyer
15th Mar 2001, 03:30
Oh yeah. I forgot to mention that an approved ADC is also required.

JJ

rick1128
15th Mar 2001, 18:29
Here in the states they are in the process of
making the rules for domestic RVSM. If the
requirements are anywhere close to the North
Atlantic or European rules, I believe there will be a revolt. based on what information I
have gotten from operators of older G2's and the like, operators of a/c like older Lears, Citations and the like will have to pay more than the a/c is worth.

It is a preception here that RVSM is being jammed down our throats by ICAO. There are many older jets here that have lots of life left in them.

It will be interesting to see what happens when they go into effect here in 2004.