PDA

View Full Version : FlyBe

mathers_wales_uk
16th May 2007, 21:14
On the 12th of May at CWL flight BE1432, when the a/c came on to stand the dispatcher informed the captain that there maybe a delay in the paperwork as SITA was down in the operations office and therefore needed to contact CDG regarding the passenger breakdown and figures e.tc. which is needed for the loadsheet.

Captains response was 'yeah yeah, excuses we've heard them all before, we asked for a Male dispatcher and they can't even give us that.

This is totally disgraceful and i'm totally suprised that she stayed at the a/c and continued to dispatch it, i know if i was her i would have walked away and said ok you can wait for one and take a hefty delay, as somedays theres no male dispatcher on shift.

rossym
16th May 2007, 21:58
that sounds completely appalling!

why would they want a male instead of a female anyway? it doesn't make any difference to them whether they get a female or a male dispatcher does it? or am I missing something here?

mathers_wales_uk
16th May 2007, 22:28
There has been similar occurance with flight deck not happy with female dispatchers but they were foreign as in the BHA.

It is apalling and i know that it's mentioned that it will go to the top at Flybe. This has obviously got to do with the ex BaCon crews not being happy but being insulting and saxually discriminating against the femail in their line of duty is not on.

For anyone to say that is wrong but with passengers on board it's even more embarassing for the dispatcher. He's very lucky she continued to dispatch, i know not only last week a dispatcher walked from a KLM after he was insulted. We don't get paid to take the crap of the guys that probs get paid at least 3 times the wage as we do.

Rcjc
17th May 2007, 10:04
This is not the first time I have heard of an EX BaCon Capt being rude/insulting to a dispatcher. I am ashamed to call some of them colleagues. I know when you encounter Flybe crews you will find us civil and courteous. There is no place for people like this in any environment not just aviation. Report these people and hopefully they will be sacked if they are not already leaving, hopefully the " greener grass " airlines will quickly see through them. Please do not think we are all the same as hopefully our new colleagues are not.

pilotho
17th May 2007, 12:07
I would just like to know, what is a bacon capt?

L-H
17th May 2007, 12:53
If this occurance is true and not just anecdotal then there is very real grounds for a formal complaint on the grounds of sexual harrassment and even sexual discrimination. It is an indication of this individuals professionalism that she stayed with the ac and dispatched it. Nevertheless, this is a serious accusation that ought to be investigated in accordance with current legislation, provided of course a formal complaint was indeed lodged, or encouraged by the individuals line management.

Maude Charlee
17th May 2007, 18:35
Rest assured, some of us have been dispatchers in a previous life. If any of my colleagues ever pull a stunt like that (and yes, I have heard of it happening, just not at Flybe), then I would back you all the way.

J-Man
17th May 2007, 19:37
Personally i love to see female dispatchers, imo theres not enough!

mathers_wales_uk
17th May 2007, 22:12
I can assure you that this is not an alligation and it is in fact true. A complaint was filed to Aviance station manager at CWL which then has been past forward to Flybe. There was a response yesterday from the regional manager that requested a full report from the dispatcher in question in order to take it to the highest level possible.

I am looking forward to hearing the response after her report.

marlowe
18th May 2007, 08:10
Mathers i just love the way that you assume that it is ex Bacon crew that asked for a male dispatcher,what proof do you have of that? I have never ever heard a request like that in all the time i was in BACON. maybe a little attitude adjustment would be a good idea for both the groundstaff at CWL and Flybe staff in general regarding ex BACON staff after all you all work for the same company now .

HZ123
18th May 2007, 08:33
Besides which BA regions had a number of female dispatchers for many years now.

mathers_wales_uk
18th May 2007, 09:43
The reason i assume it was a member of Ex BaCon staff is due to the fact it was an E145. I wasn't aware that any of the Flybe captains were passed out on the 145's thats my only reason for saying that.

I'm sorry Marlowe but can you please explain why you suggesting that CWL ground staff have a bad opinion on ex-baconnect?

So do you think it's ok for a Captain to talk to that manner in front of passengers and dicriminating against a dispatcher in that manner. She was only being efficient and informing the captain of the situation.

CDG doesn't use shares so all the information for our loadsheet needs to come through the SITA. If the SITA isn't working then we have to phone CDG and request the information over the phone.

Any crew that has come into Cardiff has been very polite, espicially a Captain Kevin Jones that due to early arrival and having to wait for the flight being restricted, seem to talk for a long time. I don't have anything against the crew, it is not me that has a problem with the ex Ba-Connect crew i suggest you take a look at Flybe/BaConn in the airlines forum and have a go at them.

cavortingcheetah
18th May 2007, 10:10
:hmm:

Just suppose the Captain had said something along the following lines:

'Oh these excuses, heard them all before. (As we have and so have you!) It would have been nice if Servisair (or whatever) had sent us out that gorgeous new bird working in dispatch. That would have brightened up the morning a bit.'

Would that be construed as sexist, defamatory or disgraceful?
It is absolutely no different in content from the reported comment that, subject to vocal tonality, which cannot reasonably be reported, amounts to not a great deal really.:ugh:

marlowe
18th May 2007, 10:42
Mathers you did not state it was an embraer in your original post so how are we to know what equipment is being used on routes?

dollydaydream
18th May 2007, 12:02
I am totally against any form of discrimination and in 99.9% of cases find it totally irrelevent whether captain/crew/dispatch etc are male or female.

I just wonder if a male dispatcher would have got away with the comment from a very giggly girly dispatcher at cwl of ' oh i'm very sorry your'e having to wait - nobody here knows what they are doing' coy giggle!!! And in front of pax too!!!
Should this be reported or is it ok ???
Just curious that it seems ok to make sweeping generalisations about ex Ba connect crew but if we make comments then it's because we are up our own arses!

mathers_wales_uk
18th May 2007, 13:01
A comment of Excuses, Excuses we've heard them before. We asked for a Male dispatcher and they can't even give us that.'

Read into that as you will but any comment that is made that is not welcomed by the individual in a discriminatory manor such as it was then cannot be accepted whatever airline you fly for.

If the captain requests the reason why theres a delay on the flight which is due to a lack of training provided by Flybe before start up at CWL then theres no use in hiding the fact.

I was trained for 1 and a half hours 2 days before the first flight and that was half hour before the end of my shift and before my 2 days rest leave. Forgive us that some don't feel too confident with the system at the moment. There are only 5 passenger service agents that actually know how to board the system, and theres somone else due to come down and train staff at the end of the month.

Some of you may not believe its a serious comment but if it's bad enough for the Flybe regional manager want to take to the highest level then it is very serious.

I didn't state it was an EM145 due to the fact i assumed that everyone was aware that only that equipment is used on the CWL routes at the moment. Am i right in saying only ex-bacon flight deck operates the E145's or am i incorrect in that essumption?

thanks

:ok:

marlowe
18th May 2007, 15:29
Safe to assume that only BACON pilots on the 145 and have heard that there are now some on the dash8 400.

mathers_wales_uk
22nd May 2007, 23:07
Does anyone know when the E145 thats been tech at CWL since saturday will be fixed and removed?

Cheers :ok:

GroundBunnie
24th May 2007, 14:58
Mathers

At BACON BRS, before base close, 75% of dispatchers were female. I've never heard of a request for a male dispatcher.

GB

non iron
25th May 2007, 04:07
Would l be right in thinking that somebody who needs to point out that Wales is in the uk and also can`t spell too well, maybe doesn`t have enough english language expertise to understand what was actually said in a busy environment ?

mathers_wales_uk
10th Jun 2007, 23:55
Hi there im just wondering how long G-CDFF will be operating the BHD - CWL - CDG flight?

And how come they have brought this a/c in to do this route.

Thanks for your help

Maude Charlee
11th Jun 2007, 12:01
Crew shortages. It should be operated by the E145 as you know, but there not enough crews to operate all of the 145 routes, and the a/c are often parked up doing nothing.

Funny though - an Air Wales liveried ATR42, with Aurigny crew, flying a Flybe callsign and flt number. Confused, you will be. :}

mathers_wales_uk
11th Jun 2007, 14:39
The most ironic thing of it is a week ago people were saying Flybe were like Air Wales due to the delays that been happening, and then a week later in pops.

G - CDFF in Air Wales livery operating the flight

Awaiting Push
12th Jun 2007, 13:14
Would l be right in thinking that somebody who needs to point out that Wales is in the uk and also can`t spell too well, maybe doesn`t have enough english language expertise to understand what was actually said in a busy environment ?

What sort of idiotic comment is that??????

I think everybody knows EXACTLY what was said!!

I have had a lot of dealings with flybe crews and as a whole they are a decent bunch. That also includes the ex-bacon crews.

But like everything else theres always one or two still living in the dark ages!!!:ugh:

AP

Commander1
12th Jun 2007, 17:59
Hmm, I was cabin crew now I have opted for Dispatch with Aviance. I start on monday, hopefully I wont get any discriminating males...

I dont get it really I can do just a good as job as a male, maybe better..

Cheers.

Ckin Gal
12th Jun 2007, 23:19
:mad: As one of only 4 female dispatch staff on station, i am shocked that you were given that treatment by any crew. Well done to the dispatcher for holding her nerve and finishing the job. I've worked with BA, Bacon & Flybe crews (as well as many others over the last 10yrs - i know only a nipper in some avaition circles,) and only occasionally did we get a slightly snobby crew member when i was with BA which usually disappeared when they realised you do know what you're talking about and are not just the cleaner but also the dispatcher. If any of my staff were spoken to like that male or female i know that myself and the other loadcontrollers/supervisors would be on them like a tonne of bricks. We in theory should all work together to make sure we all go home relatively on time.
Sorry rant over.... that just made me really mad :ok:

Maude Charlee
13th Jun 2007, 09:36
We're all metric now, so shouldn't that be a ton of bricks? :}

So far, had personal experience of 2 female dispatchers at CWL - one good, one woeful. I presume you are either the former, or one as yet unencountered.

mathers_wales_uk
13th Jun 2007, 14:42
Maude have you experienced the polish dispatcher yet?

The problem with the CDG - CWL - BHD is that CDG doesn't use the same system as everypone else. This then doesn't block out any seats at check-in that may be taken for the CWL - BHD sector.

CDG are supposed to send a seats occupied message showing where all transit passengers are sat. Majority of the time this arrives if at all more than half way through check-In.

The other problem is that Flybe have not yet sent CWL a pushback bar for the DH8-400 so when it arrives ( quite often ) then the a/c needs to be on remote stands which needs bussing (Not one of CWL's Strongest points).

All the captains that i have seen on the Flybe have been pleasant.

Just to let you know that the captain in question has sinced contacted the dispatcher and offered his appologies to her, saying that it wasn't intentional and meant as a joke but he understands haw it could have been taken the wrong way.

Maude Charlee
13th Jun 2007, 20:10
Ah, the power of Proon. :)

No, not met any Poles yet, just a very pleasant Welsh lassie and the other one.

As for the French, we never used to get so much as a movement message from CDG when I were nowt but a lowly dispatcher, so I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for anything more complicated.

jamieopscrewing
20th Jun 2007, 18:49
I find that CDG always send through mvts, it would appear they have a little french man sat in the corner typing away at his sita messages, as we normally get like 50 at once, all for the same flight, just all slightly different lol. Its good fun!:)