View Full Version : PPL Theory Test-Prep

WannaBeBiggles
17th May 2007, 03:35
Hi All

does anyone know of some good test-prep software (or books) that are as close to the CASA exams as possible?

Thanks in advance!

Al :)

Bidgee
17th May 2007, 03:46
Try Bob Taits practice cyber exams.
I haven't used the PPL ones, but I found his CPL practice exams to be helpful.
http://www.bobtait.com.au

Good luck.

YesTAM
17th May 2007, 04:38
Read all the old crash comics you can find. There are also sample questions on CASA's website.

avantgarde77
18th May 2007, 08:50
yeah id agree with that about bob taits cyber exams , but remember that his exams are only a guide of what maybe asked and that the congenital morons in castle CASA make life very difficult when it comes to passing by throwing in the odd curve ball.
good luck!:)

Jay Bo
18th May 2007, 23:35
Bob taits one is a definate plus... in fact some of the questions in the bob taits pracs were exactly the same word for word as the tests issued by casa Good Luck:D

WannaBeBiggles
23rd May 2007, 00:01
Thank you all for your words of encouragment!

I susbscribed to Bob Taits exams, just waiting on the work book! :)

VH-FTS
23rd May 2007, 06:21
Isn't Bob Tait on the board that provides input into the exams? It may explain why so many of his PPL, CPL & IREX questions are word for word from the exam.

Mark1234
25th May 2007, 06:43
Up to 30% of the PPL exam is BAK (section 1 of the DAY VFR syllabus), Call it CASAs way of making sure you really did pass your BAK legit' and didnt have an instructor hovering over your shoulder :}

It's also completely possible to gain a license without doing the BAK test - if you elect not to bother with GFPT and go straight to PPL, you don't do the BAK, so the knowledge requires covering in the PPL?