PDA

View Full Version : Bernard Matthews PLC

Readback Correct
28th Nov 2000, 22:24
He's advertising (again) for a Citation co-pilot. Any ideas of what is on offer, and what he's like to work for?

Flintstone
29th Nov 2000, 01:08
Bewdiful.

Readback Correct
29th Nov 2000, 19:08
I asked for that didn't I :), although shouldn't it be bootiful.

[This message has been edited by Readback Correct (edited 29 November 2000).]

bamby
29th Nov 2000, 22:52
Where is he advertising? I havn't seen anything

Readback Correct
30th Nov 2000, 00:07
This weeks Flight International www.flightinternational.com (http://www.flightinternational.com)

spooky
30th Nov 2000, 02:53
Could be a start for someone. We all paid some dues somewhere. Might as well be here for you if you live nearby and want to get some jet time . How good is the Captain?? Check him out. If he's useless then don't even consider it. He'll be training you on the job so to speak. Corporate op - no AOC, private standards are not always up to much.
Sometimes they are - don't know about bootiful.
Will you be a wireless operator or will you be really part of the crew????
Will they type rate you??? Will you go to Flight Safety??? Will there be a bond????
If not - don't bother.
Its turkey country out there!!

aerotowman
30th Nov 2000, 15:00
Not really sure what they're looking for. The previous advert only required a PPL, now they want min CPL/IR.

I applied to the last add (I have frozen ATPL) but didn't get anywhere. Like spooky said if you're only going to be a radio operator and don't get a type rating give it a miss. Pilots Assistant time can only be logged as supernumeray so doesn't count for licence issues/upgrade and doesn't help when you go for a proper job where they want significant turbo/jet time.

aerotowman

Flintstone
1st Dec 2000, 13:35
Sorry RC,

Call me peurile, couldn't resist it (or spell it correctly).

Don't know what the deal is. I did hear tell that the previous ad for a PPL was incorrectly worded in that they were in fact looking for a pilot for a private operation.

Suppose that's what you get when a personnel department more used to employing turkey pluckers and stuffers branches out into aviation.

I have some feelers out and will let you know if I get owt.

RVR800
1st Dec 2000, 14:56
I would imagine they got quite a few
people responding to their original
advert

A lot of PPLs must had thought their
xmas turkey had arrived early this year!