PDA

View Full Version : UK Corporate, Whos Recruiting?

HomerSimpson
12th Mar 2001, 20:27
Hi, I looking to get into the corporate market asap. I have low hours, unfortunately around 300 total with 100 multi. Are there any operators around recruiting? If so could you please email me with their details.

Regards,
Homer ;)

------------------
Duff, Duff, that Wonderful stuff. Ummmmm Doughnuts

Jed A1
14th Mar 2001, 09:30
The silence is deafening.

I think you've got your answer.

Daifly
14th Mar 2001, 17:07
Nothing personal, but I'm intrigued why everyone thinks that Corporate Jobs are available to low houred pilots? Is it the Career Guidance people at Oxford?!

Our last four (poss five) recruits have come from the airlines or have over 2k hours in jet aircraft.

I'm really, really intrigued...

Triple B
14th Mar 2001, 19:13
Our requirements are 5000 tt min and 1000 hrs turbine command minimum

HomerSimpson
15th Mar 2001, 06:55
I take it the obvious answer is no then?!!
Daifly, I am not an Oxford cadet, nor would I want to be. I have paid for my own training and followed the modular route. I have always wanted to go via the corporate route, and I was just asking if there was anyone recruiting. I never mentioned that I expect to get a job with low hours. You must be confusing me with those cadets from Oxford that are brainwashed by OATS marketing and think that they'll land a job in their first week of graduating.
Sorry if my response is a little harsh, but I hate being confused as being someone from OATS who demands a job with 250 hours. (I know they are not all like that)

------------------

Shanwick Shanwick
15th Mar 2001, 11:47
I do know a chap with similar hours to yourself who just got a job with Atlantic Aviation (ex Atlantique) flying the Citation for Williams Racing. Might be worth a try?

------------------
hhhiiisssssccrrrraaaacckkkllesssshhhhhh

loaded1
15th Mar 2001, 16:38
I have 4500 hours, of which 4000 are heavy jet in Europe and transatlantic. UAS and then OATS trained before joining the airline I am with now. I'd appreciate the opportunity to correspond with any UK or European Corporate operators who are seeking that sort of experience level.

Grommit
16th Mar 2001, 02:29
I am also looking to go back into the Corporate world TT5000 1500Jet 3500Turbine, my home is Bournemouth, so anybody operating from there.

What are the main requirements for P1 Lear/Citation etc.

[This message has been edited by Grommit (edited 15 March 2001).]

lrjt24
16th Mar 2001, 21:05
Gold Air is actively looking for Captains on the 45 and 700/800 they are getting 4 45's within the next two years base is Biggin Hill office is Cambridge. Pay is not too bad plus they pay extra per duty time not flight time or sectors and OK time off 6 days on 3-4 days off 24 paid holidays/yr and after 12 months 5 sick days and full BUPA. nicely equipped dual fms and rvsm etc. standard honeywell suite.

loaded1
17th Mar 2001, 16:09
Irjt24: thanks for that.

HomerSimpson
21st Mar 2001, 03:55
Thanks for everyone that replied.
Your info was appreciated.

Homer ;)

Flaps r fun
21st Mar 2001, 14:47
Jed A1
Are you a bit thick? Homer's post asks for any response to be emailed direct. How do you know how many replies he received?
Daifly
I have re-read Homers post several times now and cannot find the paragraph where he say's
" As I am low on experience and cannot get into an Airline, I thought I would take the next best thing and take a corporate flying job".
Do you think that no-one ever got hired with low hours?
I cannot find a suitable smiley for you two.

HomerSimpson
21st Mar 2001, 15:26
I asked if anyone was recruiting in Corporate as I would like to go down this route. As mentioned I have low hours for Airline and Corporate work, but I dont demand or expect a job with either. The thread was to ask who was recruiting to get a feel for the market. I dont demand a job with low hours, you're confusing me with certain Oxford graduates. However, people do get jobs with low hours, wether they are self improver or 509 courses. I would like to thank those who responded with something positive to say.

Regards,
Homer

------------------

StressFree
22nd Mar 2001, 13:04
Gentlemen,
This is one of the more civilised and gentlemanly forums on pprune so lets not let ourselves down by openly abusing each other.
Homer, keep on looking, making phone calls and sending out your CV, you will get something eventually. Try LEA at Stapleford on Navajos, or keep trying Gold Air, dont make yourself a nuisance but make sure they know youre out there.

:)

------------------
'Keep the Stress Down'

Flanker
22nd Mar 2001, 16:24
Amazon man

You sound quite bitter and twisted yourself, to me at least.
I left the airlines to try corporate but it turns out I quite enjoy having some standards in the flight deck, maybe some idea of what's coming next!By no means am I saying that all such operations are 'Gash '-just my personal experience.
The 'Gentlemen' in the back probably own many of the crappy companies that treat people like dirt.
Happy 737 Captain.

Flanker
22nd Mar 2001, 21:15
Amazon mans post seems to have gone lah?
http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif

Flaps r fun
22nd Mar 2001, 21:21
Sorry mate wrong thread.

Flanker
22nd Mar 2001, 22:32
I'm thick but not that thick.It was here, which is why I replied to it.

StressFree
23rd Mar 2001, 12:25
Flanker,
I saw the post from Amazon Man as well, whats going on?
Hows it going, do you miss the Lear yet?
Cheers.

:)

------------------
'Keep the Stress Down'

Flanker
23rd Mar 2001, 13:09
Hi Stressfree
Thanks for that, beginning to wonder about early senility for a while there.

I'm actually enjoying being back, it's bedlam as usual but the people are great and I really have enjoyed the training-honest!
I'll be on the -700 before too long, probably next base check(sorry OPC),so we can talk eye to eye then http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif

Miss the Lear? I hardly saw it!I'll have done much more in command this week than I did in seven months!

As I said it's quite a nice jet but I was very unhappy operating it less formally than I would an Aztec in terms of SOP's etc.Once again just my opinion but I have had a go at most civvy jobs there are to compare it to.Easy leaves it standing in comparison.(Not in rate of climb I admit, first take-off in the sim I thought I had left the park brake set!!)
At least I gave it a go, looks like I'll be one of A.mans scum forever now. Still there is a lot going on everywhere and a decent pay rise in prospect, that warm feeling of being needed is back in vogue for a while :)
Cheers

MissChief
23rd Mar 2001, 13:53
A Lear certainly ain't easy! Surely you can't operate one without SOP's?

HomerSimpson
28th Mar 2001, 03:49
Thanks to all those who replied.

Homer ;)

------------------

BJF
28th Mar 2001, 21:00
Homer

Don't get put off. Try operators like London Executive Aviation or other companies who are turboprop operators as well as jets. You might have to start on something like a Seneca than after a while you could move on to a King Air than a Citation etc, but you will have gotten your foot in the door and shown the company what you are made of. Direct entry onto jets is very hard in corporate aviation as stated in previous posts due to the high hours and experience required, although there are some exceptions to the case.
Good Luck

BJF

an32
30th Mar 2001, 12:53
Hi Lads - could anyone shed some light on any "N" reg corporate aircraft in the UK or Europe. l have 2600 hours, of which 90% are multi turbine and 100 jet and l would love to get into this sector of things in the region.

Many thanks