PDA

View Full Version : Smoke, Fire and SEP Training

FlapsOne
14th Apr 2000, 14:13
For the small operators this seems to be a problem area. JAR OPS refers constantly to 'Suitably Qualified Instructors' without defining 'Suitably'. This indeed may be a good thing but raises a few questions in my mind.

1. What is acceptable training for initial and recurrent qualifications for SEP and Smoke and Fire (eg I have 9 years experience on my current type - can I do it?)

2. If that doesn't count as 'Suitable' - what does, and how does a small operator go about getting crew qualified to the satisfaction of JAA? - I'm thinking HS125, Citation, lear etc.

My company has just one aircraft at the moment and, therefore, it is totally impractical to establish our own instructors for these subjects.

Any guidance any of you could give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Daifly
14th Apr 2000, 17:11
ESEP - as far as I'm aware BA still do the swimming pool stuff. The rest of it is still paperwork based - where are the fire exits, first aid kit etc.

The smoke & fire can be done with any airport fire station (and again BA) as far as we're aware - certainly that's how we're operating.

I hope that's answering what you're asking! If not, please drop me an e-mail.