PDA

View Full Version : HK Airlines

Yippi Kai Ah
16th May 2007, 09:45
I seen these company going down the hill, very average management. Marketing have no brain, cancel all the flights!

Yippi Kai ah

skyjockey
16th May 2007, 09:51
think that might be a little harsh bruce lee, its not all that bad overthere.

HKCAD
16th May 2007, 09:58
you must not work for these guys skyjockey, chick at fenwicks last night told me no internal upgrades for 3 years, company keeps changing there requirements. Coming from upstairs! Few newbies very unhappy:\ Could see few boys migratting next door to greeener pastures:ok:

FrierTuck
16th May 2007, 11:35
I heard the same from a Colombian last night.

The Townsville Refueller told me the boys up there are leaving quicker than they can hire newbies.

chickflick
16th May 2007, 13:26
Hi, first time post.
Why are people leaving?
What is their view on female pilots?

pedro the bus driver
16th May 2007, 13:57
was thinking of applying to this crowd, but Schenzen sounding a better option, better money and leave, more of an expat option and conditions. Hong Kong run airline is more like a chinese company now Hinan have screwed these for the ghosts!

asta la viesta

chickflick
16th May 2007, 14:41
Pedro,

Have not heard of Shenzen, might check them out. Would they be a better option 4 a single white female looking to get some big jet time?

Have always wanted to go to mexico:O

HKCAD
17th May 2007, 03:45
chick flick, would be nice to see some more single white female's in HK air but management not keen on it. Schenzen better option for you, good hand bag shopping too.:ok:

Flying Mechanic
17th May 2007, 07:11
787's still on order?what about the 757 freighters?

HKCAD
17th May 2007, 10:20
saw a 747 freighter rolling out of the conversion factory in Xiamen the other day, all shiny HK Air paint job, due for delivery June 1:D .

christep
18th May 2007, 12:33
I have to say from the SLF perspective I would love to use their Clark flights, but the cancellation and short-notice retiming makes this completely infeasible. They don't seem to realise that there is a very good market for HK-Clark based round the number of people in HK who either are Pampangans or are married to one. But they aren't cheap package tourists - they need reliable, well-timed regular service, for which they will pay something approaching the cost of a CX ticket to NAIA plus the taxi fare up to Angeles. Unfortunately, at the moment HK Airlines just doesn't seem to get it.

beerboy
19th May 2007, 02:06
oops..looks like things are getting a bit hot over at the company..

Peak Tram Driver
20th May 2007, 07:40
was in Fenwicks last night( keeping an eye on my new colombian mrs) had a few ales with the HK Airlines crew, and sad to hear the boys ARE NOT HAPPY! the management is going down hill like the peak tram!!:=

pedro the bus driver
20th May 2007, 09:31
liking your new columbian she goes real good, looks like management is in self destruck mode. Two more F/O's have interviews with the big orange this week:D

tipan13
21st May 2007, 05:50
On another topic have they started to train any more guys ? with the rate that they are leaving they must be getting short on drivers........
Heared a guy who had an interview, got the nod and has been waiting for close 6 months before he got a sim slot
:ugh:

skyjockey
21st May 2007, 12:58
probably lost in the system, happens a bit here!!!:rolleyes:

get intouch with them

FrierTuck
22nd May 2007, 06:09
At neptunes last night, heard from reliable source ( Felicity The Flippo Mama San) one maybe two boys defintetly on Dragons books by end of the week.

Sad as had potential.:ugh: Too many top end guys trying to build their own empires

Good luck to the rest of the gang

Fly747
22nd May 2007, 10:00
I'm confused by this thread.
Do I go to Fenwick or Neptune for my HK Airline interview?

Traffic
22nd May 2007, 10:14
fenwicks for the psych test and neptune for the sim..:cool:

dragon501
22nd May 2007, 10:56
Which of the two venues hosts the 'informal' drinks after the interview??

Fly747
22nd May 2007, 15:13
I've heard that the sim can be Thai, Colombian or Filipina so best to get checked out on all types.
If you get that far then the informal drinks are at the Bridge.

Humber10
23rd May 2007, 05:26
UKOK, harsh call dude

dragon501
23rd May 2007, 05:41
Sim at Fenwicks till 0630 then drinks at the Bridge till 0900... Sounds like my usual nights out funny enough....

HKCAD
26th May 2007, 08:06
was in Laguna yesterday few of the girls were saying, looks like 2 skippers got the boot last month, one just resigned and another one asked to leave, what the f:mad:% is going on over there, not to mention the F/O's getting ready to jump ship:= desperate times ahead for the chaps at HKA:(

Peak Tram Driver
29th May 2007, 02:06
last saturday night I was chatting with one of the transvestites outside the wan chai kebab shop and she said(well he said) that there was an impending exodus from HK airlines....management beware....you want a successful company, keep the drivers happy.

tipan13
29th May 2007, 06:42
I hear that the hk express guys got a pay increase...... surely managment over at hk have to do something about this, match it at least:=

tipan13
31st May 2007, 03:22
bazbogan, not a chance on HK airlines wages !!!!!!!!!!! School fees for 2 kids would be more than the full hk monthly wage:mad:

Peak Tram Driver
31st May 2007, 05:54
and a few rounds in fenwicks and a take out.....u will be skint!

FrierTuck
31st May 2007, 14:20
bazbogan, Why would you leave a good gig to join a sinking ship?

Felicity (mama san) told me she is stoked alot of them are "going orange", more money in their wallets = more money for her retirement house in Clark.

dirka
31st May 2007, 14:56
As I walked through the dessert, with unbearable heat, and thirsty, I saw.............an Oasis.:D

FrierTuck
1st Jun 2007, 01:53
Dirka:D:D:D

Chickflick you still on line, what happened with Shenzen, did you contact them?

sim01
1st Jun 2007, 03:19
Frier Tuck , you are soo correct , heard there are certain individuals in the management who think they are above the law who do as they please regardless which is irrisponsible to say the least but they have only themselves to blame with their sinking ship

HK Harbour Rat
1st Jun 2007, 03:23
Ahh well.., the ship is filling faster than the bilges can be pumped.

As of yesterday;
9 HKA Pilots had formal acceptance to Oasis.
1 HKA Pilot is leaving to Virgin Aus.

More to come.

Anyone thinking of joining should note this.

There are HUGE cash flow issues. So much so they can't do Autopay and one must pick up their cheque in person. Bills with creditors go unpaid and classes get cancelled (happened to one of my GS classes).

HK Harbour Rat
1st Jun 2007, 03:28
Bazbogan,

as a new joining SFO you will make roughly 51,000 HKD

School fees will likely run a minimum of 5K per kid a month (for a average school) up to where for a really good school.

Rent is at the very least 10-12K + power (1.5K) water, cable ect... (2K)

So at a minimum over 1/2 your salary is out the door and you haven't cracked a VB yet..

Tax will eat about 10% in that bracket aswell.

sim01
1st Jun 2007, 03:46
HK Harbour Rat , you forgot the ones who are going to resign very shortly , more to come , from what I heard , the hole in the sinking ship is getting biggerby the day .

chickflick
1st Jun 2007, 03:56
Hey guys, back again. Frier, thanks for hooking me up with the townsville refueller. He is a knowledgable bloke.

Spoke to Shenzen, no job offered as I speak english and know what CRM is :ugh:

Still really want to sit on something bigger. :)

HK Harbour Rat
1st Jun 2007, 04:11
Out of the 9 only 2 have start dates @ the big O, so the other 7 are waiting to resign.

I was just on the phone with a buddy who got his positive reply from KA.
Looks like atleast 1 confirmed Dragon to add to the list.

sim01
1st Jun 2007, 06:43
HKCAD , heard from reliable sourses , to ask the GMF and his merry men over there about their aero club attitude and their god like mentality then you'll know why guys are leaving in masses

Peak Tram Driver
1st Jun 2007, 07:34
whats the go with OASIS, the f/o's getting there rating paid for or they paying themselves?

Peak Tram Driver
1st Jun 2007, 09:45
I hear they might bring Zeb back as Chief Pilot, and Hickory Stick as a DIRECT ENTRY CAPTAIN on 'A' SCALE!!!

skyjockey
1st Jun 2007, 09:49
Tell Hickory Stick his uniform is still in the rubbish bin by the S1 at Tung Chung.:=

pedro the bus driver
1st Jun 2007, 09:55
looks like VB doing a bit of poaching, hear 3 HKA Amigos got the nod from down under

Hickory Stick
1st Jun 2007, 22:59
Peak Tram Driver and Skyjockey:

LIARS! I handed my uniform in to one of the NZ chaps to take it in for me. Things are good back home how you guys doing?

Cheers

sim01
2nd Jun 2007, 03:47
bring Zeb back ASAP to run it like an airline

HKCAD
2nd Jun 2007, 04:34
Zeb for chief pilot, any one second me?

tipan13
2nd Jun 2007, 08:02
What does every body think about the long term future of this company?

I hear rumors of long hall, 787's on order,major expansion etc..... fact or fiction?

From what I gather the pay is crap, very little chance of an upgrade to the LH seat......

Will the mother airline continue to pump cash into this operation?

Hickory Stick
2nd Jun 2007, 13:56
It may or may not, are you a gambler? Ive been out of the loop for a year since I left but the same management is still in place since I left. There is a reason why a bunch have left, Hainan I'm sure is willing to help its investment along. They do after all want a hub in HK for their future palns into international long haul.

In the mean time, it is a better option with other carriers in the area.

By the way, are the Argentine air force pilots still there?

Cheers

Dan Winterland
2nd Jun 2007, 15:08
Quote Hickory stick: 'In the mean time, it is a better option with other carriers in the area'.

Are you talking mainland China or HK carriers? If HK, are you serious?

I don't know which operator of 737s at CLK is which, but there seem to be a lot of them sitting around the airport with engine covers on.

sim01
3rd Jun 2007, 03:38
bazbogan , STAY WHERE YOU ARE , management prefers to nit-pick on small stuff than to deal with the major issues , unfortunately you'll be part of the small stuff and your life will be an utter nightmare from day one , flt ops dept is run be individuals who think they are higher than God . Expect to kiss :mad: for the duration and buy them drinks and meals otherwise you'll be clasified as against them . Chief pilot or GMF as he calls himself has been exposed as a fake
Why go for 3 years of misery ??

bfletc
3rd Jun 2007, 11:27
Sim01

Oh dear! sounds like you are referring to HKCAD.

tipan13
4th Jun 2007, 01:19
If you had to choose between HK express and HK airlines who would you rather work for?

Is there much of a difference in T &Cs between the two?

Agent Mulder
12th Jun 2007, 12:42
was in Fenwicks last night, bumped into Zeb, he had just done his medical on Kowloon side, and been to the tailors aswell. Big shake up happening, withdraw those resignations.....cancel those interviews.

Agent Mulder
12th Jun 2007, 15:45
No,they just joined a bunch of loosers!!:D

bazbogan
13th Jun 2007, 08:47
we just got a bunch of your loosers!

Vermin,

We are all in this game together dude, what's with the attitude?

tipan13
3rd Jul 2007, 09:58
What about the scare busses?
Things must be going well........

HKCAD
28th Jul 2007, 12:23
The townsville refueler was in stauntons last night, told me 7 guys just left the HKA for Oasis in the last month , double the package, 3 going to CX and 2 to Dragon, not to mention the Virgin Blue interviews going on, what the hell is going on over there, is it the package or the management? :ugh:

cpahka
28th Jul 2007, 12:55
3 going to CX?!
DEFO on pax fleet :rolleyes:

pedro the bus driver
29th Jul 2007, 04:06
couple of hombre's just left for nice job in Australia, management have screwed them over big time. Word is going to get around how they treat people and only the South Americian monkeys will come for there peanuts!

Hickory Stick
29th Jul 2007, 16:24
You neglected to mention that the South American boys are making more money in HK with this outfit then they could make back home.

I talked to several of them about this while I worked at CR, for them its simple economics as it is for you.

This is globalization at work, pure and simple.

Cheers.

beerboy
29th Jul 2007, 22:31
Our South American cousins are also not stupid, they're thinking twice before coming here as well.
When they have a choice with better paying carriers in HK as well as those just north of the border, or even the world..it doesn't make sense to come here..or for some, to leave their home country! That's how s&*t the T&C's are!!! LOL

Agent Mulder
30th Jul 2007, 04:55
Is the money laudering still going on? Heard old PURPLE RINSE was being probed by the ICAC.:=

tipan13
30th Jul 2007, 07:34
I hear that the boys my be in for a better deal at HK....... any info?

beerboy
30th Jul 2007, 10:52
I hear that as well, but I wouldn't hold my breathe as this rumour has been floating about for a while. Supposedly the deal is already sign, sealed..and waiting to be delivered..
Not sure what it is, if indeed its not just another tactic to keep people from leaving!

cpahka
1st Aug 2007, 01:11
[QUOTE]
HKCAD...7 guys just left the HKA for Oasis in the last month , double the package, 3 going to CX and 2 to Dragon, not to mention the Virgin Blue interviews going on...

In Fenwick last night, facts not that you heard :confused:

beerboy
1st Aug 2007, 02:35
so what news from Fenwicks?

Agent Mulder
1st Aug 2007, 05:50
the girls aint happy! so many good clients from HKA changing jobs, means there loved ones will be away on training in heathrow doing 400 ratings! One of the colombians said she see less dragon guys since they got there paycut,and the few dragon guys that do turn up, just got to the love hotel for a sleep! The SHE MAN by the kebab house reports similar.The CLK refueler tells me HKA has approached EVA AIR for a 330 wet lease deal.....

beerboy
1st Aug 2007, 10:37
Didn't HKA announce late last year that they were planning to fly to London..with 777ER's BOUGHT from Eva air..nuff said