PDA

View Full Version : Any success with Flexjet Europe?

LAVDUMPER
4th Apr 2000, 00:58
Recently saw an ad in Flight International for Flexjet.

Anyone out there get an interview or start the process? What do people know about aircraft type, pay, conditions, schedules, etc.?

Thanks

Mach Tuck
6th Apr 2000, 21:35
Flexjet is linked with Bombardier so Bombardier types prevail, notably Challenger 604s and Lear 60s.

If their handling of applications for advertised non-flying positions is anything to go by they seem a bit disorganised.

Jumbo Jockey
11th Apr 2000, 00:22
Hi dumper. Beats me - I wrote to them in response to their advert a few months ago only to be told they had no vacancies (so why advertise?). They said they might have more vacancies around Feb/March and would be in touch then if my qualifications were of interest. Given the lack of communication from them since, I guess a profusion of GA time in a total of around 8000 hours ain't enough to drive a Lear or a Challenger...

Less sarcastically though, you can find an interesting comparison of salary and fringe benefits for U.S. fractional operators, including FlexJets, at www.fracstats.com (http://www.fracstats.com) - admittedly the salaries are in $, but the comparisons make interesting reading. Since I believe NetJets Europe pays skippers 60 to 70,000 Euros, which equates to just over £40,000, and the NetJets basic wage according to fracstats seems to be around $40,000 (depending on which work pattern you opt for), one could speculate that salaries might be roughly equivalent pounds for dollars, but that's guesswork on my part...

Good luck

Mach Tuck
23rd Apr 2000, 11:02
Flexjet is expecting to take delivery of half a dozen or more aircraft before the end of the year, mainly Bombardier types.

They have recruited a number of pilots over recent months, mostly from southern Africa and America - "the European pool of suitably qualified and available pilots is empty". I guess that for the time being their definition of 'suitably qualified' includes having a type rating.