PDA

View Full Version : Oman Air Ground Staff

Farrell
16th May 2007, 06:46
Can anyone tell me what the joining criteria are for ground staff at Oman Air - I mean check-in staff etc.

Thanks

Farrell

surely not
16th May 2007, 09:37
You looking for a change of occupation then bejayzus?

ironbutt57
16th May 2007, 21:30
be willing to be asked to do a job with no tools....:ugh:

Farrell
16th May 2007, 22:19
SN.....Naaaah! Just digging for someone else!

Glad to see you made it back in one piece! Enjoyed meeting you!

surely not
20th May 2007, 10:39
Well it was good to meet up with you as well.

They might not have any tools Ironbutt, but they were a lot friendlier and more helpful than another airlines staff who I had dealings with at Muscat when returning to Bahrain.

Which tools are they short of in particular?

ironbutt57
20th May 2007, 10:45
Manpower, facilities...space in which to accomodate passengers at peak hours....

surely not
20th May 2007, 10:50
ahhhhhhhh so you are calling the workforce 'tools'!!!! ;)

Ramp space seemed to be very tight, but they had everything else they needed when I flew through.

ironbutt57
20th May 2007, 11:00
No the people are very nice and helpful, they need the tools to do the job which includes the facilities i mentioned above...go there 'round midnight when the terminal is packed and see what the staff have to face...they do very well all things considered...it might become slower as GF winds down hub ops there over the next few months...no disparaging remarks about the good folks at Oman from me...they were just overloaded with the sudden increase in ops over a short time there with not too many improvements to the infrastructure..

surely not
20th May 2007, 11:31
I knew what you meant IB hence the 'wink' at the end of the sentence. I was just playing with words.

Farrell
22nd May 2007, 03:34
Ahhh yes! Seeb at midnight is a sight to behold - especially the tonnes of luggage and the haggling for an extra kilo or two or ten!