PDA

View Full Version : Tigers Requirements-bring cash!

ALPHA STRIKE
16th May 2007, 05:23
Tiger Airways Singapore
PILOTS
Job ID: FCC299
Applicants should possess the following attributes:
• ICAO recognized ATPL
• Jet experienced, or more than 1000 hours on turboprop aircraft
• More than 1500 hours total time
• A320 rating, and experience, is a definite advantage however Tiger Airways does operate a self-sponsored training program for pilots not qualified on type How to apply:
Tiger Airways continues to be interested in receiving applications from pilots for forthcoming vacancies on our A320 fleet. If you comply with the above requirements, and are interested in joining our team, please send your CV to [email protected] ([email protected]?subject=TR Job Applicant - PILOTS (FCC299)). Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.

freddyKrueger
16th May 2007, 05:49
Made to measure for current A320 crew with looming AWA's & DEC's ... if the price is right.

Howard Hughes
16th May 2007, 06:36
Unless they intend to pay more than the present operator of A-320's in this country (which I doubt they will), then they will struggle to find people who are already type rated, so that brings them back to the same pool of pilots as everybody else...:hmm:

TimmyB
16th May 2007, 07:01
Their email address for applications is a little pathetic... :yuk:

[email protected]

According to Wikipedia, wandering male tigers may kill cubs to make the female receptive. :p Good luck to all those 'pilot' cubs entering into the big jungle... watch out for those 'captain' tigers with more stripes... they "bite" ;)

Sorry.... couldn't resist :ok:

Cheers

Tim

Howard Hughes
16th May 2007, 07:02
So who's 'King of the Jungle'?;)

sinala1
16th May 2007, 07:08
Will they make a musical and a movie out of it?

"in the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight......................"

:E

cunninglinguist
16th May 2007, 07:31
I Put the feelers out:

14000 TT, 8000 jet PIC ( 1500 glass ), AND 800hrs A320, and >15 years from retirement

Guess what the reply was :confused:

There was no reply.

Pilot shortage :confused: :confused: not at tiger obviously. :{

Dixons Cider
16th May 2007, 08:56
Is it just me??.. are not the advertised postions for Tiger Sing?

I'm assuming the thread has now morphed into a discussion on Tiger Oz, or are you still talkin about Tiger Sing? :\ In fact are the two separate entities?

Howard Hughes
16th May 2007, 09:49
The spiel at the start of this thread is actually taken from Tigers Aussie website! www.tigerairways.com.au

otto the grot
16th May 2007, 10:24
As recent as a month ago, there was a job description for the OZ start up similar to this one. The only difference was the email address. Something like aussiepilot@.....

Doesn't seem to be there anymore. All the links on the .com.au website point to Singapore ops

otto the grot
16th May 2007, 10:28
Sorry. Forget what i just said. Here's the Aussie job description. Still there.

PILOTS (Direct Entry Captains/First Officer)
based in Melbourne Tullamarine

Applicants should possess the following attributes:

* The right to live and work in Australia
* ICAO/CASA recognized ATPL
* Jet experienced, or more than 1500 hours on turboprop aircraft
* More than 2000 hours total time
* A320 rating, and experience, is a definite advantage however Tiger Airways does operate a self-sponsored training program for pilots not qualified on type

How to apply:
Tiger Airways is interested in receiving applications from pilots for forthcoming vacancies on our A320 fleet. If you comply with the above requirements, and are interested in joining our team, please send your CV to [email protected]. Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.

cunninglinguist
17th May 2007, 06:14
They might be interseted in receiving applications, but not interested in replying :ugh:

Effee
17th May 2007, 10:43
they have over 700 pilots applying to them

Going Boeing
17th May 2007, 11:13
Are they processing the applications from the Congo, Tajikistan, etc? I do not believe that they have over 700 applications from Australian pilots.

Effee
17th May 2007, 11:21
I read it in a local newspaper here in Singapore. I believe its from all over the world, not just in AU

Going Boeing
17th May 2007, 11:29
Thanks Effee
I assume that as the Oz version of Tiger will be based in Melbourne then the staff would have to at least have resident status. If they are paying a lobbist in Canberra they may have some ability to assist foreign pilots in getting that status. The big issue then would be maintaining standards under CASA supervision. I'm sure that Qantas and Virgin would be lobbying CASA to ensure that no short cuts are taken (you know what I mean - Jetstar getting 180mins ETOPS without the usual processes)

aulglarse
17th May 2007, 12:45
Anyone have knowledge of their T & C's?

Angle of Attack
17th May 2007, 13:43
I read it in a local newspaper here in Singapore.

Enough Said!:}

cunninglinguist
18th May 2007, 03:20
700 Pilots ?? I would not be surprised at all, of course they will be counting everything from the guy who's ink is still drying on his commercial upwards.
As an example, Jetstar currently have around 400 suitable applicants on file, a big change from the 1500 plus that NJS had 10 years ago.

Aulglarse, slightly better than Jetstar I am led to believe....unconfirmed.

PS. does anyone know WTF " self-sponsored training programme " means :confused:
Who is the " self " ? them or us ?

Howard Hughes
18th May 2007, 04:03
You also need to remember, that the 400 that Jetstar have are more than likely the same 400 that other airlines hold, including Tiger...;)

aulglarse
18th May 2007, 05:01
Thanks cunnin...if Tiger were smart they should act soon and offer a lucrative package to lure J* staff:oh: admist all the current morale boosting:yuk:

Bug Smasher Smasher
18th May 2007, 06:33
"Pilot Cubs"? :rolleyes: And I thought PUIT was bad.

Sounds like you can expect Happy Meals as crew meals.

cunninglinguist
18th May 2007, 09:15
BSS, happy meals would be a 100% increase in quality and nutrition over Jet* crew meals :rolleyes:

Aulglarse, a quote from AJ ( not word for word but close ):

" If you want to go to Tiger, and think the grass is greener, go ahead, but you might not have a job in 6 months " :yuk: :hmm: :mad:
What a complete :mad: wit.
Not so much as a " We'd prefer you did'nt leave, but ........."

pakeha-boy
19th May 2007, 13:05
Cunning...I,m with you mate.....sent me CV in ....more than qualified....just taking a poke,,,feelers out.....no reply.....me thinks the whole sagarso is BS

galdian
21st May 2007, 02:19
Obviously Tiger are simply fishing at the moment, building a data base of pilots and when it suits them they will start contacting those they so choose to.
Personally I still believe an initial impression regarding a company can be made more positive if they respond to applications - to me it immediately sorts out the above average from the average however tends to happen less and less these days, maybe I'm a majority of one with that thought??

Regarding T&C's very general gossip has thrown up the figures of $180,000 and $190,000; whether AUD/SD/USD or even Kiwi$ not defined.

Howard Hughes
21st May 2007, 02:28
$180,000 and $190,000; whether AUD/SD/USD or even Kiwi$ not defined.
Perhaps Peso's?;)

UNOME
21st May 2007, 03:36
According to the dinner talk in SYD recently...

1. A320 Capts AUD190,000 plus usual extras.

2. A330 Capts AUD 230,000 plus usual extras. (F/Os 70% thereof)

3. Why? Because it is market value, they need crew, they need to keep crew and they need to float the company ASAP. How? Because SIA can afford it. When? Soon.

4. No response to emails because unlike other "low cost" operators :rolleyes: there is no massive HR Dept. Also, until the AOC is stamped "legally" nothing can be offered.

5. Finally. Nice under-arm by the "purple circle" BBQ set from J*.:yuk: Bleating to your mates in CASA and trying to de-rail the AOC by claiming that the Tiger Oz team has no experience...oh come on guys! Just how much experience did any of you have on long haul or the A330, particulary the Chief Pilot?? :sad: Are you really that concerned about SIAs presence in Oz? Tulla base got you worried?

I understand that the Tiger Oz Chief Pilot has 17yrs continuous domestic and International experience on Airbus. But more importantly, he has the respect of his management team and the entire pilot group, which makes us at QF/ J* look pretty sad.:ouch:

If the greenness of the grass is measured by the people you work with, then I suspect Tiger Oz will be the MCG! :ok:

Let the games begin...

hoss
21st May 2007, 05:44
UNOME, with regard to point 5. If Jetstar are trying that sort of stuff then Tiger have won already. The 'purple circle' you speak of work in a glass house and should know better than to throw stones.

If only they knew...

cunninglinguist
21st May 2007, 06:36
Hoss and Unome, that goes ditto for me, and on point 5 you can add in 320 for half of them too :{

ratpoison
21st May 2007, 22:30
Just how much experience did any of you have on long haul or the A330, particulary the Chief Pilot??
Answer NONE. From talking to the ol EK boys there, most of them are going bald from pulling their hair out and whatevers left is a lovely shade of grey from flying with these inexperienced clowns. Some frightning stories.

galdian
22nd May 2007, 06:57
Spoke to a mate recently, actually received a reply, they reckoned they had enough crew for the first 2 aircraft at this stage then ???
Fair to assume/expect they may use the services of existing Aussie/Kiwi Tiger SQ pilots (maybe even SilkAir pilots??) to kick it off.

Bearing in mind this IS a rumour network some "interesting" (maybe "colourful") names being mentioned for management - will FlightCentre have to look for a new "pilot" pin-up boy for their ads if the incumbent becomes too busy with other work???

fender
22nd May 2007, 07:35
I hope it is true. You won't find a more honest reasonable guy.