PDA

View Full Version : J* endorsement plans

excellr8
16th May 2007, 04:23
There is talk in management about changing the way recruits conduct their endorsements.

what I know

Jet* are getting all sorts into their system as such going through a standard 'company' training schedule will produce a better outcome.

At the moment you can get a rating from anywhere in the world as long as CASA are happy with the records they will stamp it in. Just check before you go.

J* may not like you going to any old training organisation however as long as your paying for it, you at the end of the day have "choice". They may threaten and say it may not be recognised however if CASA likes it, does it matter what J* think?

Flight operations management pretty much all come from an established airline backround and as such would greatly like to see a standardised training regime in fact they are working on that now. The over priced ripp off outfit in Brissy I believe are getting the message that they are loosing heaps of guys to other training providers, however there is serious talk about a restructuring of the endorsement process including bonds/salary sacrifice to get a better more "known" product at the end of the training.

I personally think if Virgin do end up paying for the endorsment there will be greater pressure on J* to come to the table. As with a doubling of pilot numbers they will have to be more competive. I know who I would prefer to get a call from if I was to have to depart with +30K.

A/C endorsement Vs Deposit on a place to live.

As much as I love aircraft......you can't live in em! Although sometimes I feel I do! :)

Whiskery
16th May 2007, 04:33
I know who I would prefer to get a call from if I was to have to depart with +30K.

Why would you have to "depart" with +$30,000 with the current pilot supply and demand curve?
Anyone paying for a rating these days has got too much money.:ok:

Capn Bloggs
16th May 2007, 06:30
Stay off the drink, Whiskery... You obviously ain't living here!

Howard Hughes
16th May 2007, 06:49
Should any company start paying for endorsements, I suspect they will get a flood of applications from very experienced turboprop pilots with 5-10,000 hours!

Jetstar, Virgin, Tiger the ball is in their court...:ok:

cunninglinguist
16th May 2007, 07:25
.................thats not how we did it in Ansett :{ :{ :{

Track Direct
16th May 2007, 10:56
HH

I suspect you may be right, there are plenty of high time turbine drivers out there who are watching this pay for endorsement situation very closely !:E

Right now they simply refuse to part with 30k of their hard earned !:D

When the time is right for them, they may apply.:ok: