PDA

View Full Version : Any European Flexjet Flyers Out There? What's it Like?

LAVDUMPER
27th Nov 2000, 09:45
I know that Flexjet is ramping up in Europe. I am well familiar with Flexjet in the States with many friends who fly the Lear 60s and Challenger 604s throughout North America.

My questions for current Flexjet flyers in Europe:

1. What airplane are YOU flying and how do you like it versus your previous aircraft?

2. What types of trips have you been flying -e.g., flights to resort cities, business centres, Mediterranean, Canaries, North Africa, Middle East, across the Pond, etc., etc.? Any interesting destinations recently?

3. Do you like the fractional schedule? How does it compare to your previous aviation schedule or job?

I appreciate your opinions. Flying a Lear 60 or Challenger 604 around Europe sounds like a good time to me - I would like to hear your opinion, though.

Cheers!

LAVDUMPER
29th Nov 2000, 07:05
Helloooooooo? Are any Euro-based Flexjet pilots out there? I'm curious to hear about your daily "grind."

Don't everyone rush at once!

Appreciate any info you can provide.

Cheers and happy flying!

Joe Ninety
2nd Dec 2000, 16:56
Quiet here, innit?

Actually a mate of mine flies for them so from what I've got from him, here's the story: 6 on and 4 off and FJ Europe has only about 25 customers so far. They're going after the golfing fraternity big time and the proportion of customers is more in favour of individuals rather than companies so far. They go pretty much everywhere in Europe (he's on the LR60) and I mean everywhere. He says they're going to be pulling a few captains off the Challenger to put on the 60 because there just hasn't been as much demand as they thought for the Challenger, whereas the 60 has been pretty popular. If during your 6 days on you end up close to home for the night then it is possible to go home, but you could have to do an early start out again the next day. I think if I remember rightly he said that when they're downroute and not flying they have to be contactable up until about 1600 or 1700 or so and then the rest of the evening's theirs. When they say 6 on and 4 off by the way, that means report at 0600 on day one at the nominated base (in his case LGW) and frequently he's not actually back at base till very late at night on day 6, so they get their pound of flesh!

Sorry it's a bit sketchy but hope it helps.

TTFN

Joe