PDA

View Full Version : English Test

fly123456
15th May 2007, 12:11
Hi everybody,

I'd like to have some further information about the English test, mainly some example about the kind of ambiguous sentences (double meaning of the words) we can get.

I have my second interview coming soon, and as a non-native english speaker, I'm most afraid of this test. (a lot of english expressions might be unknown to me)

So anyone who attended the interview recently could give a detailed description of the test?

thank you

Fly.

extreme P
15th May 2007, 22:28
I suspect the English test is more of a psych test. Even with English not as your native tongue you will do fine. Look at a picture ans describe it. You will be asked several questions about the scene. Listen to several taped conversations and ask what the meaning of the conversation was.

ngkaka
16th May 2007, 01:02
Which English test do u mean? If you are in Stage 1, there are listening test and grammer test. But for Stage 2, there aren't any "English" test (certainly all parts of the selection are conducted in English). Finally b4 flight grading, there is an English test for non-native speaker, which is a ICAO requirement posted recently. Seems extreme P is talking about this, but i think it's not a psych test, and it's simply an English test to score your abiliy on daily conversation using English.

fly123456
16th May 2007, 20:12
Talking about the English test for DESO (2nd interview in HK)

Anyway I hope it won't be too hard, especially if the interviewing man (or lady) has an accent worse than mine. (not quite used to chinese accent)

rjmore
21st May 2007, 07:33
The lasy that does the test is a Brit so no worries.

flyer_spotter
22nd May 2007, 03:00
Don't worry about it. If you could type something up here and we understand you completely, you are doing fine I'm quite sure.