PDA

View Full Version : New Qantas Intakes on AWAs

Bone MAJ
15th May 2007, 11:23
Yes I know that this has been done already.

Mate in J* went to the pilot meeting in Melbourne yesterday and apart from the obvious that we already know about new J* guys going onto AWAs, Alan Joyce also divulged the fact that new Qantas S/O's starting from August will also have to deal with them.

Not sure what anyone can do about them, but thought that I would give the heads up to guys who think that they might be close to a start date.
Maybe a phone call to AIPA to discuss your options before Qantas rings you with the "good" news.

At least one good thing to come out of it, is that we now know that recruiting starts in August!

Don't shoot the messenger, just passing on what I've heard. I also know that the AIPA can probably do Jack about it also but at least it might be worth a call to figure out what you should be getting paid and compare with how much Qantas will be shafting you on your nice new AWA.:\

Capt Fathom
15th May 2007, 11:37
So many mates seem to have information on almost everything.

Interesting.

Two questions for your mate.

1) Aren't Qantas covered by an EBA?
2) Why would Alan Joyce know anything about the conditions of QF S/O recruitment conditions?

:confused:

Poto
15th May 2007, 11:45
1) Aren't Qantas covered by an EBA?
2) Why would Alan Joyce know anything about the conditions of QF S/O recruitment conditions?
1 Jetstar pilots have an EBA too
2 This little snake oil salesman would know more about QF's future than Borghetti. When is the last time you saw the GM of the biggest part of the group sitting Tie-less at a press conference with FOG and Maj
:ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: